Minishift 1.0.0-beta.1 and persistence

Antonin Stefanutti

Jan 16, 2017, 9:58:31 AM1/16/17
to fabric8
Hi,

I’ve tried deploying Fabric8 on OpenShift v1.3.1 using Minishift 1.0.0-beta.1 on Mac OS X (xhyve). While that works great, after restarting the cluster, the state of the cluster isn’t restored.

It seems as Minishift has refactored its provisioning mechanism to use oc cluster up, the host directories configured in the PVCs get deleted each time the VM is reprovisionned. It may even be that the entire machine gets reprovisionned and only particular directories get persisted using the --use-existing-config and --host-data-dir options.

In case anyone has already a work around, I’d be glad to hear about it :) Else any help / directions would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Antonin