Define the settings.xml file of the S2I Docker Java Image created

cmou...@redhat.com

Dec 1, 2016, 1:02:44 PM12/1/16
to fabric8
Hi

Is there a trick to add a settings.xml file to the Docker image generated by f-m-p during the s2i build process for a Spring-Boot, WildFly-Swarm Java Application ?

Something like --> mvn clean package fabric8:deploy -Dxxx=settings.xml

Regards

Charles

Christian Posta

Dec 1, 2016, 1:07:58 PM12/1/16
to cmou...@redhat.com, fabric8
add the settings.xml file to ./configuration folder and it'll get picked up automatically...

Christian Posta
twitter: @christianposta

Charles Moulliard

Dec 1, 2016, 1:12:30 PM12/1/16
to Christian Posta, fabric8
And how I can add such a file within the configuration folder as this works will be done by the Fabric8 Maven Plugin

Maybe under src/main/fabric8 ...

James Strachan

Dec 1, 2016, 1:16:11 PM12/1/16
to Charles Moulliard, Christian Posta, fabric8
the link Christian posted was for the s2i image - not the fabric8-maven-plugin. The latter uses regular maven command line to specify settings.xml
James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan
Email: james.s...@gmail.com
Blog: https://medium.com/@jstrachan/

open source microservices platform

Christian Posta

Dec 1, 2016, 1:20:47 PM12/1/16
to James Strachan, Charles Moulliard, fabric8
Yah good point.

In that case, Charles, I'm not following your question correctly.

f-m-p uses binary s2i... so basically everything gets built via f-m-p then the artifacts are sent to openshift to do the docker image build.. you don't need the settings.xml at that point.