Exception while creating Kubernetes Job via API from Spark Job

Pradeep Ganachari

Jun 27, 2016, 1:30:07 AM6/27/16
to fabric8
Hello,

Trying creating a kubernetes job dynamically via API from an application which runs as Spark Job.
Getting below exception.

 WARN TaskSetManager: Lost task 0.0 in stage 1957.0 (TID 1299, 10.2.61.16): java.lang.IllegalStateException: No adapter available for type:class io.fabric8.kubernetes.client.ExtensionsAPIGroupClient
        at io.fabric8.kubernetes.client.BaseClient.adapt(BaseClient.java:135)
        at io.fabric8.kubernetes.client.DefaultKubernetesClient.extensions(DefaultKubernetesClient.java:214)

Using  "io.fabric8" % "kubernetes-client" % "1.3.90" librabry.

please help me out resolving this issue.

NOTE: Spark job is being run with zeppelin.

Regards,
Pradeep

James Strachan

Jun 27, 2016, 5:03:54 AM6/27/16
to Pradeep Ganachari, fabric8
Could be a classpath issue. What does your transitive classpath look like? You've got :kubernetes-model version "1.0.52" on the classpath too right?

James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan
Email: james.s...@gmail.com
Blog: https://medium.com/@jstrachan/

open source microservices platform

Jimmi Dyson

Jun 27, 2016, 5:09:15 AM6/27/16
to Pradeep Ganachari, fabric8
Could you try upgrading to latest 1.3.98? Tried it myself & seems to work OK.

Pradeep Ganachari

Jun 27, 2016, 9:30:54 AM6/27/16
to Jimmi Dyson, fabric8
I tried upgrading to latest version 1.3.98. No Luck :(

I am building my application using sbt. I just had following for kubernetes as sbt will download dependencies for me.
lazy val kubeJobDependency = Seq(
  "io.fabric8" % "kubernetes-client" % "1.3.98"
}
Even tried including kubernetes-model version "1.0.52". Still getting the same exception.

Jimmi Dyson

Jun 27, 2016, 9:37:02 AM6/27/16
to Pradeep Ganachari, fabric8
Could you open an issue at https://github.com/fabric8io/kubernetes-client/issues & share some code to reproduce the issue please?

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 at 06:30 Pradeep Ganachari <ganachar...@gmail.com> wrote:

James Strachan

Jun 27, 2016, 9:38:51 AM6/27/16
to Pradeep Ganachari, Jimmi Dyson, fabric8
I guess you're using SBT - any chance you could get SBT to transitively include all the maven dependencies so you know you've got a valid classpath?