replace fabric8-docker-registry by artifactory

Tomasz Majchrowski

Sep 26, 2017, 9:36:06 AM9/26/17
to fabric8
Hi All,

I'm looking for possibilities of replacing fabric8-docker-registry by artifactory. I'm wondering if this is feasible to remove this dependency from: fabric8-platform and use by default artifactory as docker registry.

So far I recognized that each container running as part of fabric8 platform will have a set of shell variables.

1) Is there any configurable way to change values that corresponding to the docker registry  ?

$ env | grep DOCKER_REGISTRY | cut -f1 -d'='
FABRIC8_DOCKER_REGISTRY_PORT_80_TCP_PROTO
FABRIC8_DOCKER_REGISTRY_PORT_80_TCP_PORT
FABRIC8_DOCKER_REGISTRY_SERVICE_HOST
FABRIC8_DOCKER_REGISTRY_PORT_80_TCP_ADDR
FABRIC8_DOCKER_REGISTRY_SERVICE_PORT
FABRIC8_DOCKER_REGISTRY_PORT_80_TCP
FABRIC8_DOCKER_REGISTRY_PORT

2) Is there anything else required to be done to make it possible. I can image i can configure each fabric8 maven plugin individually per project. Nevertheless preference is to make it globally so all templates/wizards will work out of the box

Looking for hints on that topic. Best regards, Tomasz.

Tomasz Majchrowski

Oct 3, 2017, 10:28:44 AM10/3/17
to fabric8
Hi,

I found those environment variables are build by https://github.com/fabric8io/exposecontroller.git based on the service labeled with expose: "true" and service name.

Therefore the setup that works for me is to simply re-create the service with name fabric8-docker-registry to point to artifactory instead of the one that uses image registry:2.

In case artifactory is setup out of the f8 cluster the endpoint point to external instance should be setup in addition.

Hope that helps for setups having already running artifactory based docker registry in it's infrastructure.

Best regards, Tomasz Majchrowski