401 Unauthorized Error while connecting to quickstart-karaf-camel-amq container from Fabric8 console

An N.

Jul 7, 2015, 12:12:31 PM7/7/15
to fab...@googlegroups.com
In attempt to deploy the quickstarts example onto Fabric8 (running on top of OSEv3), I was able to remotely deploy the quickstart-karaf-camel-amq, quickstart-karaf-camellog container using remote CLI (i.e. mvn fabric8:json, mvn fabric8:apply).
*** This fabric8's quickstarts version 2.2.5 ***

The containers are started successfully, captured as following screenshot .

While trying to connect to the containers via jolokia, by clicking on the 'Connect' icon of each container, the 401 Unauthorized error occurs, and a blank page showed for both Camel, AMQ containers

Part of the requests captured with error below

  1. Remote Address:
  2. Request URL:
  3. Request Method:
    POST
  4. Status Code:
    401 Unauthorized
  5. Request Headersview source
    1. Accept:
      application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01
    2. Accept-Encoding:
      gzip, deflate
    3. Accept-Language:
      en-US,en;q=0.8
    4. Authorization:
      Bearer KcZqR64XLA1oEL0-LEi8_StMCe2BHbOL2Z11La6VXns
    5. Connection:
      keep-alive
    6. Content-Length:
      2
    7. Content-Type:
      text/json
    8. Host:
      fabric8.myapp.mycloud:8443
    9. Origin:
    10. Referer:
    11. User-Agent:
      Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.95 Safari/537.36
    12. Query String Parametersview sourceview URL encoded
      1. maxDepth:
        7
      2. maxCollectionSize:
        500
      3. ignoreErrors:
        true
      4. canonicalNaming:
        false
    13. Request Payloadview source
      []
      1. No Properties

It apparently that there's no credentials sent over to jolokia agent for authentication/authorization. I'm using the admin/admin user login to OSEv3 (i.e. https://rhel7ose1.mycloud:8843)... so, it's should be the same user access Fabric8 (http://fabric8.myapp.mycloud). But I couldn't figure out a way to make this authentication/authorization working with the above deployed quickstarts template.

Could anyone shed some lights on this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
-An

Claus Ibsen

Jul 7, 2015, 12:41:12 PM7/7/15
to An N., fab...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Can you  try some of the non-karaf quickstarts. I think one of the current problems with karaf is that its internal RBAC (role base security thingy) is preventing jolokia to work for us. Its a known issue we will take a look at later.

The war / java / spring-boot ought to work.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cib...@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Jimmi Dyson

Jul 7, 2015, 12:42:04 PM7/7/15
to An N., fab...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is a known issue - https://github.com/fabric8io/quickstarts/issues/485. Subscribe to that if you'd like to know when it's fixed.

I think the problem is the default Karaf RBAC config.

Thanks,
Jimmi

An N.

Jul 7, 2015, 1:44:51 PM7/7/15
to fab...@googlegroups.com, m3r...@gmail.com
Thanks, Claus & Jimmi, for the confirmation.

Yes, it's working perfectly with the other quickstarts example e.g. quickstart-camelservlet

Since this is a known issue with Karaf, I will check it again when it's fixed then.

Cheers!
-An