Automating the creation of a new Fabric8 Team and preparing the CI Pipeline

瀏覽次數:16 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Stephen Lewis

未讀,
2017年8月29日 下午1:02:092017/8/29
收件者:fabric8
Hi,

I'd like to script the creation of a new Fabric8 team and prepare the CI Pipeline so that it is ready to start adding microservices without using the fabric8 web console.

I can see how to add a team using kubectl and see there is a REST equivalent, e.g

kubectl create namespace <team_name>
kubectl create configmap fabric8-environments --namespace=<team_name>
kubectl label configmap fabric8-environments --namespace=<team_name> kind=environments provider=fabric8.io

Carrying on with the above approach to add ServiceAccounts, Secrets, Services, Persistent Volume Claims etc for gogs, jenkins, nexus starts to get verbose and feels like I must be missing reuse of an existing fabric8 module.

I'd be very grateful for any advice on best way to do something like this.

Thanks,
Steve

James Strachan

未讀,
2017年8月30日 清晨7:33:162017/8/30
收件者:Stephen Lewis、fabric8
We're hoping to announce 4.x of fabric8 soon - once we've got our testing sorted to ensure each release works well on minikube, minishift, GKE & OpenShift which has a few changes

One of those is that a tenant is setup per user/team as the user logs in for the first time by the fabric8-tenant service.

We could provide a gofabric8 CLI to do the same thing if folks don't use the UI?

For details of how to install the 4.x stream here:
https://github.com/fabric8io/fabric8-platform/blob/master/INSTALL.md

James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan
Email: james.s...@gmail.com
Blog: https://medium.com/@jstrachan/

open source development platform

open source event based lambda programming
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息