fabric8-forge fails to start on OSE 3.2, any pointers?

Christian Posta

Jun 25, 2016, 10:46:26 AM6/25/16
to fab...@googlegroups.com
Have a fresh install of OSE 3.2 on AWS/EC2.
The CD app installs fine, all of the secrets/service accounts are there, etc. But for some reason the fabric8-forge pod won't start.

Is there anything security wise I should look like (the SCC for restricted, etc?)

Any thoughts about why OSE is killing this pod (or is it dying on it's own?) I've tried the most recent docker image for fabric8-forge and a handful of the previous ones with same result:

--
Christian Posta
twitter: @christianposta

Christian Posta

Jun 25, 2016, 6:50:39 PM6/25/16
to fabric8
Playing around with it some more...

If i hack the RC to just run jetty itself, everything comes up fine. Then when I `exec` into the pod i try copy over the /maven/ROOT.war to the jetty /webapps/ directory... then the pod dies...

There is no logging from the Pod (or underlying Docker container) right before it dies. There isn't any indication in the openshift node/master logs either.

If I run it on vanilla Docker on the same node where OSE tries to run it, it comes up fine (of course it barfs about not being able to find gogs/jenkins, etc).

Any thoughts?

James Strachan

Jun 26, 2016, 5:21:14 AM6/26/16
to Christian Posta, fabric8
Hmm a bit stumped! There is usually logging output from the forge web app as it starts up. Very odd!

James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan