ODBC Driver for Ingress required

Das

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
to info-...@ams.org

Hi, I would be very greateful if anyone can help me, I am looking for an
ODBC driver to work under Windows NT for connecting to an Ingres database
(details below), if you know of one please could you send a note to me at
d...@cableinet.co.uk

SCO UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2 (SCO Open Desktop 2.0)
Ingress 6.4/04 (sco.us5/00) with CA-OpenRoad version 2.5/02.

Thanks Das

Chris Simon

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98
to info-...@ams.org
> Hi, I would be very greateful if anyone can help me, I am looking for an
> ODBC driver to work under Windows NT for connecting to an Ingres database

CA provide a free one - it's available (somewhere!) on their site at
www.cai.com.

NB. You also need Ingres/Net for Win 95/NT. There are other 3rd party
drivers that claim to not need Net, however they probably require some sort
of proprietary network layer on the client or the server, so I would stick
with the "official" CA one!

--
Chris Simon,
Analyst/Programmer,

Allan Gould

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98
to info-...@ams.org
Das wrote:

> Hi, I would be very greateful if anyone can help me, I am looking for an
> ODBC driver to work under Windows NT for connecting to an Ingres database
> (details below), if you know of one please could you send a note to me at
> d...@cableinet.co.uk
>
> SCO UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2 (SCO Open Desktop 2.0)
> Ingress 6.4/04 (sco.us5/00) with CA-OpenRoad version 2.5/02.

You could try our ODBC driver: SCO SQL-Retriever.

SQL-Retriever will run fine against Ingres 6.4/04.

I believe OpenRoad is a development environment (e.g. see
http://www.uq.net.au/~zzdonsi/OpenROAD_FAQ.html#What is OpenROAD) so the
question of an ODBC driver for OpenRoad has no context. Ingres 6.4 is
the database engine.

SQL-Retriever also runs on SCO 3.2 4.2 or later. SCO Open Desktop 2.0
is quite old and is previous to 3.2 4.2. SCO OpenDesktop 2.0 was
withdrawn in 1993. You can confirm your UNIX version with the command
'uname -X'. However, you could consider upgrading your UNIX version.

Take a look at http://www.sco.com/vision/products/sqlretriever/ for more
information and a downloadable eval.

Allan Gould
(allang at sco dot com)
(Please remove anti-spam measures if replying)

Jim Agnew

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98
to info-...@ams.org
go to www.openlinksw.com, openlink is very nice, clean, and cheap, and
it work!!!

no connection but a satisfied customer...

jim

Das wrote:

> Hi, I would be very greateful if anyone can help me, I am looking for an
> ODBC driver to work under Windows NT for connecting to an Ingres database
> (details below), if you know of one please could you send a note to me at
> d...@cableinet.co.uk
>
> SCO UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2 (SCO Open Desktop 2.0)
> Ingress 6.4/04 (sco.us5/00) with CA-OpenRoad version 2.5/02.
>

> Thanks Das

jose...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98
to info-...@ams.org
intersolv's (microfocus) sequelink odbc should work.
http://www.microfocus.com/datadirect

In article <75beim$f8f$1...@whqnews01.infinium.com>,

"Das" <d...@cableinet.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi, I would be very greateful if anyone can help me, I am looking for an
> ODBC driver to work under Windows NT for connecting to an Ingres database
> (details below), if you know of one please could you send a note to me at
> d...@cableinet.co.uk
>
> SCO UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2 (SCO Open Desktop 2.0)
> Ingress 6.4/04 (sco.us5/00) with CA-OpenRoad version 2.5/02.
>
> Thanks Das

Gustavo Gonzalez

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
to d...@cableinet.co.uk, info-...@ams.org, jose...@my-dejanews.com
Das,

You might not know that CA has an ODBC driver (version 2.8) that is supposed to be the best available for Ingres/NET.
It is free to download from their web site. Versions available for 16-bit and 32-bit.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gustavo.

------------------------
From: jose...@my-dejanews.com
Subject: Re: ODBC Driver for Ingress required
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 22:17:31 +0000 (GMT)
To: info-...@ams.org

---
Name : Gustavo Gonzalez <gus...@integra.com.py>
Company: Integra s.r.l., Asuncion, Paraguay
Tel : (595-21) 424-473
Cel : (595-981)466-443
Fax : (595-21) 424-473
Date : 12/21/98 13:40:01

This message was sent with NetManage's Z-Mail Pro 6.1
---