[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: jhc 0.7.7 is out.

瀏覽次數:17 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

John Meacham

未讀,
2011年1月29日 晚上11:56:402011/1/29
收件者:has...@haskell.org、jhc
Announcing jhc 0.7.7! This release fixes a large number of bugs that cropped up
when compiling haskell out in the wild as well as adds some more features. A
major one being the garbage collector is enabled by default.

 http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/

Changes: (including some changes from the unannounced 0.7.6 release)

* The Garbage Collector is now enabled by default.
* new standard libraries
    * transformers
    * parsec
    * QuickCheck
* report proper errors with line numbers for various issues with compiled code.
* New option '-C' that compiles to C code and stops, useful for targeting other
  platforms or building shared libraries.
* Nintendo Wii added as target (thanks to Korcan Hussein)
* Fix major performance bug that kept WRAPPERs from being inlined in
certain places.
* Typechecking speed greatly increased.
* monomorphism-restriction flag is now respected
* empty class contexts now work
* unicode in haskell source supported now
* Type Defaulting now works properly
* RULES parse like ghc now for compatibility
* 'do' 'where' on same indent now parses
* Build system fixes and cleanups
* irrefutable lambda pattern bindings desugar properly now.
* GHC parsing regression tests have been ported to jhc, helped find
and fix many bugs.
* Certain optimizations would discard RULES, these have been fixed.
* Removed quadratic behavior in optimizer, speeds things up noticibly.
* Garbage collector improvements, caches are pre-initialized.
* Fix shiftL/R implementations for built in types.
* All Num, Real, and Integral magic removed from compiler. This is a very
  good thing.
* improved help messages

       John

Korcan Hussein

未讀,
2011年1月30日 清晨5:22:562011/1/30
收件者:John Meacham、has...@haskell.org、j...@haskell.org

Awesome :) you mentioned transformers package, did you have a look at the issues I had with using monad transformers with monad stack containing IO? I posted it a few weeks ago here: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/jhc/2011-January/000862.html

> jhc mailing list
> j...@haskell.org

Roman Cheplyaka

未讀,
2011年1月30日 清晨7:50:312011/1/30
收件者:John Meacham、haskel...@haskell.org
Greetings!

A few questions about the inclusion of parsec:

1. It is parsec-2, not parsec-3, right?

2. Does this change consist of merely inclusion parsec as a standard
library, or are there any compiler improvements in this release that
made it possible to build parsec?

* John Meacham <jo...@repetae.net> [2011-01-29 20:47:20-0800]

Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often.

John Meacham

未讀,
2011年1月30日 下午5:54:302011/1/30
收件者:Roman Cheplyaka、haskel...@haskell.org
On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 4:44 AM, Roman Cheplyaka <ro...@ro-che.info> wrote:
> A few questions about the inclusion of parsec:
>
> 1. It is parsec-2, not parsec-3, right?

Yes, it is parsec-2. 2.1.0.1 to be exact.

> 2. Does this change consist of merely inclusion parsec as a standard
> � library, or are there any compiler improvements in this release that
> � made it possible to build parsec?

There have been a lot of bug fixes and improvements in this version, I can't
remember if any were particularly enabling for parsec or not. I wouldn't be
surprised if it didn't work well before this or the last release.

John

0 則新訊息