[announce] eyeD3 0.7.2

Travis Shirk

Jul 6, 2013, 6:56:05 PM7/6/13
to eyed3...@googlegroups.com
0.7.2 - 07.06.2013 (Nevertheless)
New Features:
  • Python 2.6 is now supported if argparse and ordereddict dependencies are installed. Thanks to Bouke Versteegh for much of this.
  • More support and bug fixes for ID3 chapters and table-of-contents.
  • [issue 28] [classic plugin] -d/-D options for setting tag disc number and disc set total.
  • Frames are always written in sorted order, so if a tag is rewritten with no values changed the file’s checksum remains the same.
  • Documentation and examples are now included in source distribution.
  • [classic plugin] Removed -p for setting publisher since using it when -P is intended is destructive.
  • [classic plugin] Supports --no-color to disable color output. Note, this happens automatically if the output streams is not a TTY.
  • Tag.save supports preserving the file modification time; and option added to classic plugin.
  • [statistics plgin] Added rules for “lint-like” checking of a collection. The rules are not yet configurable.
  • ERROR is now the default log level.
Bug fixes:
  • Various fixes for PRIV frames, error handling, etc. from Bouke Versteegh
  • Convert ‘/’ to ‘-‘ in TagTemplate names (i.e. –rename)
  • Drop TSIZ frames when converting to ID3 v2.4
  • ID3 tag padding size now set correctly.
  • Fixes for Unicode paths.
  • License clarification in pkg-info.
  • The -b setup.py argument is now properly supported.
  • [issue 10] Magic module hasattr fix.
  • [issue 12] More robust handling of bogus play count values.
  • [issue 13] More robust handling of bogus date values.
  • [issue 18] Proper unicode handling of APIC descriptions.
  • [issue 19] Proper use of argparse.ArgumentTypeError
  • [issue 26] Allow TCMP frames when parsing.
  • [issue 30] Accept more invalid frame types (iTunes)
  • [issue 31] Documentation fixes.
  • [issue 31] Fix for bash completion script.
  • [issue 32] Fix for certain mp3 bit rate and play time computations.

Rick

Jul 9, 2013, 12:21:11 PM7/9/13
to eyed3...@googlegroups.com, tra...@pobox.com
On Mac OS X 10.4.8, python 2.7.2, there's an installation failure (seen below). I fixed it by unzipping the paver stuff and editing paver/tasks.py -- removed the "import version" line and just hardcoded VERSION="0.7.2" and it then built fine. I'm kinda a python newb so I don't know if there is a setting wrong on my Mac or anything, but here was the error:

    meatwad:~ root# pip install eyeD3
    Downloading/unpacking eyeD3
      Downloading eyeD3-0.7.2.tgz (184Kb): 184Kb downloaded
      Running setup.py egg_info for package eyeD3
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
          File "/var/root/.pip/build/eyeD3/setup.py", line 8, in <module>
            import paver.tasks
          File "paver-minilib.zip/paver/tasks.py", line 16, in <module>
        ImportError: No module named version
        Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
        Traceback (most recent call last):

      File "<string>", line 14, in <module>

      File "/var/root/.pip/build/eyeD3/setup.py", line 8, in <module>

        import paver.tasks

      File "paver-minilib.zip/paver/tasks.py", line 16, in <module>

    ImportError: No module named version

    Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1
    Storing complete log in /var/root/Library/Logs/pip.log

Travis Shirk

Jul 9, 2013, 3:52:19 PM7/9/13
to eyed3...@googlegroups.com
Rick,

Thanks for the tip and I'm glad you got past that barrier, although I'm not quite sure what the real solution is since the paver zip is build by paver itself.

-travis