"new" genres

John Doe

Dec 28, 2015, 11:03:40 AM12/28/15
to eyeD3-users
Hi,

i really like eyeD3 and here are my addings (minor) for the genres in

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eyed3/id3/__init__.py

according to https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_ID3v1-Genres
i added them between Synthpop (official) and Rock/Pop (inofficial) so the ids do match.

u'Abstract',
u'Art Rock',
u'Baroque',
u'Bhangra',
u'Big Beat',
u'Breakbeat',
u'Chillout',
u'Downtempo',
u'Dub',
u'EBM',
u'Eclectic',
u'Electro',
u'Electroclash',
u'Emo',
u'Experimental',
u'Garage',
u'Global',
u'IDM',
u'Illbient',
u'Industro-Goth',
u'Jam Band',
u'Krautrock',
u'Leftfield',
u'Lounge',
u'Math Rock',
u'New Romantic',
u'Nu-Breakz',
u'Post-Punk',
u'Post-Rock',
u'Psytrance',
u'Shoegaze',
u'Space Rock',
u'Trop Rock',
u'World Music',
u'Neoclassical',
u'Audiobook',
u'Audio Theatre',
u'Neue Deutsche Welle',
u'Podcast',
u'Indie Rock',
u'G-Funk',
u'Dubstep',
u'Garage Rock',
u'Psybient',

cheers

John Doe

Dec 28, 2015, 7:30:01 PM12/28/15
to eyeD3-users
btw - there is a double space in
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eyed3/id3/__init__.py

u'Fast  Fusion',

cheers

Travis Shirk

Jan 1, 2016, 10:53:45 PM1/1/16
to eyed3...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the pointer to the extra genres John. I have added these to
the devel (i.e. 0.8) branch here
https://bitbucket.org/nicfit/eyed3/commits/2d7de28bf65bd797223a6cbcf09d83ee30f833bd

0.8 is not currently scheduled, if you would like to see these added
to 0.7 please created PR
from https://bitbucket.org/nicfit/eyed3/branch/0.7.x.

Cheers,
-travis