ID3 chapter frames

Georg Holzmann

Oct 22, 2012, 2:45:01 PM10/22/12
to eyed3...@googlegroups.com
Hallo Travis!

Great to see that there is development going on with eyeD3.

I wanted to ask you, if you want to support the ID3 chapter extension?
http://id3.org/id3v2-chapters-1.0
This makes it possible to use chapter marks in all mp3 files!

In the german podcasting scene this format is already used by many people and displayed by podcatchers on Androind (the open-source AntennaPod, https://github.com/danieloeh/AntennaPod) and iOS (e.g. the popular instacasthttp://vemedio.com/products/instacast).

It really makes sense for podcasts, audiobooks etc. - most of the time you have to provide an MP3 format (because all old cheap players support it) and with the ID3 chapter extension it's possible to add chapters too, which is especially useful for long podcasts.

We (auphonic.com) already implemented the chapter frame for an older version of eyeD3 (0.6.18).
However, it seems that you did quite some refactoring, so maybe this wouldn't be so easy to merge ...

Would you be interested in adding  this to eyeD3?

Thanks,
LG
Georg

Travis Shirk

Oct 22, 2012, 7:45:17 PM10/22/12
to eyed3...@googlegroups.com
Hi Georg,

Thanks for opening the issue on bitbucket, you can find my reply there.

-travis