Roll your own audio engine

Andrew Sorensen

Jul 15, 2017, 6:04:09 PM7/15/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
If you've been thinking ``damn that Andrew and his Instrument API changes'' you might be wondering what's involved in just rolling your own?

As you all know, we strongly encourage the DIY approach here at Extempore HQ, so I thought I'd provide a short motivating example.  How much audio engine can you live code from scratch in Extempore in around 15mins?

This video shows *one* way that you could go about rolling your own.

Cheers,
Andrew

ami...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2017, 5:41:51 PM7/16/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
We just watched this at Livecode NYC, super cool!

Tom

Andrew Sorensen

Jul 17, 2017, 12:19:05 AM7/17/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com, ami...@gmail.com
Hello Livecode NYC!!

Jason Levine

Jul 17, 2017, 12:27:46 AM7/17/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Very nice! We watched this during today's livecode.nyc meetup.  Tom and I were curious about why DSP:dsp has become SND:snd ?

Jason Levine
new media performer + creative coder

Circu Virtu

Jul 20, 2017, 5:23:34 AM7/20/17
to Extempore
cool stuff. Wanna try this at home.
Is there any chance to get an updated binary release (Win7 prefered) with  new Instrument ?
I tried to build it myself but get a lot of errors.
Looks like LLVM patch failed right at the start:

  -- extracting...
       src='D:/Fmusic/Extempore/extempore/extempore/cmake-build/llvm/src/llvm-3.8.0.src.tar.xz'
       dst='D:/Fmusic/Extempore/extempore/extempore/cmake-build/llvm/src/LLVM'
  -- extracting... [tar xfz]
  -- extracting... [analysis]
  -- extracting... [rename]
  -- extracting... [clean up]
  -- extracting... done
  No update step for 'LLVM'
  Performing patch step for 'LLVM'
  'patch' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
  operable program or batch file.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(171,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 9009. [D:\Fmusic\Extempore\extempore\extempore\cmake-build\LLVM.vcxproj]

Robert Herman

Jul 20, 2017, 12:24:49 PM7/20/17
to Extempore
Where can I find the code? Following and pausing YouTube is not fun ;)

Robert Herman

Jul 23, 2017, 10:59:08 PM7/23/17
to Extempore
I am so used to taking your prowess for granted, that my first comment below read only like a whine, so I am writing again to say the obvious: "Well done, amazing!"

Andrew Sorensen

Jul 24, 2017, 12:54:33 AM7/24/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert, didn't sound whiny to me, I just didn't have any 'code' ready to hand :)