Documentation or background material needed for understanding how to use Extempore

Shyamal Chandra

Mar 22, 2017, 5:45:17 AM3/22/17
to Extempore
Hi,

Does anyone have any blogs or background material that might be useful to understand how to use Extempore?

Thanks!

algomusic

Mar 22, 2017, 6:57:00 PM3/22/17
to Extempore
I have some introductory examples on this blog. I hope they are up to date with the current version.

https://extemporeexamples.wordpress.com/category/sonic-pi/

Ben Swift

Mar 22, 2017, 8:38:42 PM3/22/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
I guess you've seen the documentation website here:

http://digego.github.io/extempore/index.html

There are a bunch of examples in the `examples` subdirectory, too - it
depends on what you want to do. I can try and point you in the right
direction.

Cheers
Ben

Ruslan Prokopchuk

Mar 24, 2017, 2:02:30 AM3/24/17
to Extempore
One more resource with examples which is still WIP is https://github.com/ul/lightnote Though it's aligned with LightNote course, examples per se doesn't require it at all.

Andrew Sorensen

Mar 24, 2017, 2:43:47 AM3/24/17
to Ruslan Prokopchuk, Extempore
Hey, this is looking nice!

Just a small note. Your sine function will glitch when applying frequency modulation (it will work ok for fixed frequencies). Maybe stick with osc_c?

Nice work though, looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Cheers,
Andrew

Ruslan Prokopchuk

Mar 24, 2017, 2:47:44 AM3/24/17
to Andrew Sorensen, Extempore
Yeah, thank you for that note. I sticked to the approach to write down only what I understand, and I didn't understand a real value of osc_c until now, so I used hand-rolled oscillator. I'm going to add a dedicated section for transition from it to osc_c and reasons for such change! Thank you!

пт, 24 мар. 2017 г. в 8:43, Andrew Sorensen <dig...@gmail.com>:

Ben Swift

Mar 24, 2017, 3:34:19 AM3/24/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Cool, great work Ruslan :)

Cheers
Ben

Ruslan Prokopchuk

Mar 24, 2017, 10:49:00 AM3/24/17
to Andrew Sorensen, Extempore
Done! https://github.com/ul/lightnote#intermezzo-osc_c

Please, let me know if I explained anything wrong in this section.