Unable to install Extempore via homebrew on OS X 10.9.3

Pat Garner

Jun 8, 2014, 5:32:37 PM6/8/14
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
When I attempt to install via homebrew I get:

==> Downloading https://github.com/digego/extempore/archive/0.51.zip

Already downloaded: /Library/Caches/Homebrew/extempore-0.51.zip

==> ./all.bash

make: *** [build/obj/EXTLLVM.o] Error 1

1 error generated.

make: *** [build/obj/Extempore.o] Error 1

1 error generated.

make: *** [build/obj/SchemeFFI.o] Error 1

Pat Garner

Jun 8, 2014, 7:19:26 PM6/8/14
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'm new to brew so I finally did brew --help which showed the command brew install -vd FORMULA which I then used to attempt to install Extempore again.  The output showed it was having trouble finding pcre and portaudio which I was pretty sure had already been installed previously.  Therefore I used brew uninstall to remove the existing pcre and portaudio and then ran brew install extempore: SUCCESS!!!

Pat Garner

Jun 8, 2014, 7:41:52 PM6/8/14
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
New problem: when compiling the standard library I get:

sys:load notification Error loading libsndfile dynamic library

sys:load notification audio-inst already loaded

sys:load notification Error loading libsndfile dynamic library

Type Error couldn't resolve type: sf_info*

Pat Garner

Jun 9, 2014, 12:02:59 AM6/9/14
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Ok problem solved. I cleared out my brews and reinstalled everything from scratch with the exception of llvm which would not compile/install correctly so I grabbed the extempore-llvm folder I had from my previous Cellar.  Everything appears to be working correctly now, including compiling the standard lib.

Srinivas Mangipudi

Dec 19, 2016, 2:27:33 AM12/19/16
to Extempore
I wanted to install extempore and extempore-llvm to check it out, but am stuck with lot of problems. Now any kind of uninstall I am trying it fails with this error:

==> Examining installed formulae required by extempore...

 /Error: No available formula with the name "extempore-llvm"

How can I remove extempore and extempore-llvm completely.

Thanks.

Andrew Sorensen

Dec 19, 2016, 6:38:20 AM12/19/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com, Srinivas Mangipudi