extempore "album"

Jason Levine

May 10, 2015, 3:20:40 PM5/10/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

A while back I had an awesome jam with my friend Marc Matatya. I livecoded beats in Extempore and he played a monophonic Moog synth plugged into a delay pedal.  Yesterday I cut the jam up, gave the cuts names, and boom:

enjoy :)

--
Jason Levine
new media performer + creative coder

C K Kashyap

May 10, 2015, 11:08:55 PM5/10/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing Jason,
I noticed some jarring effects which usually happens with amplitude is large and gets clipped due to quantisation.
Regards,
Kashyap

Jason Levine

May 11, 2015, 11:26:41 AM5/11/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hah! Thanks for listening! Yes, I'm afraid that may have been badly applied compression that I added in post production in an attempt to bring the levels closer together. I am definitely a better coder than record producer, but also, I do enjoy a little jarring now and then...