How to Entice CMake or Extempore to find MacPorts glib?

Neil Tiffin

Nov 27, 2015, 2:08:31 PM11/27/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Everything with the new cmake build system seems to be working great, except for ‘make aot_extended’. The make system or extempore does not seem to honor

export LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib
export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/opt/local/include

in the terminal environment. As a result it fails to find glib.

Successfully connected to remote process

Evaluating expression: (impc:aot:compile-xtm-file "libs/external/glib.xtm" #t #t)

sys:load notification std already loaded
Error: could not find libglib-2.0.dylib dynamic library

The lib is present as shown by:

MBP:~ nt$ find /opt -name libglib* -print
/opt/com.bitaxis/lib/libglib-2.0.0.dylib
/opt/com.bitaxis/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libglib-2.0.0.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libglib-2.0.a
/opt/local/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib

make itself did not seem to have a direct option for finding libs, but I am not sure if the problem is make or extempore?

In the environment we have

MBP:cmake-build nt$ env
. . . .
LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib
PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/Library/TeX/texbin
C_INCLUDE_PATH=/opt/local/include
PWD=/Maui-Dev/extempore/extempore/cmake-build
. . . .

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Neil

Mac OS X 10.11.1 (15B42), Xcode 7.1.1 (7B1005), MacPorts Version: 2.3.4, cmake 3.4.0, extempore and libs compiled from git sources.

Ben Swift

Nov 27, 2015, 5:16:23 PM11/27/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil

So will bind-dylib find glib* if you're not aot-compiling? i.e. if you
blow away the AOT cache (make clean_aot) and try loading
libs/external/glib.xtm, does that work?

One possibility is to try DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of LIBRARY_PATH

Cheers,
Ben

Neil Tiffin

Nov 29, 2015, 11:30:34 AM11/29/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Ben,

Thanks, LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib seems to be working. DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH did not.

Thanks,

Neil

Ben Swift

Nov 29, 2015, 5:54:45 PM11/29/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil

Cool, great. Are you on OSX, or linux? My understanding was that it's
the LD_* version for Linux, and the DYLD_* version on OSX (at least,
according to man dyld on my OSX 10.11 box). But I could easily be wrong
- it happens pretty frequently, just ask Andy :)

Neil Tiffin

Nov 30, 2015, 12:26:57 PM11/30/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Mac OS X El Capitan, OS X 10.11.1 (15B42), Darwin 15.0.0

Neil

Ben Swift

Nov 30, 2015, 5:50:50 PM11/30/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Well there you go. Thanks for the heads up.