build process update

Ben Swift

Apr 11, 2016, 4:16:16 AM4/11/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

As some of you have noticed, there have been some changes to the
build-from-source process in the last little while, which while (I hope)
are a postive changes they may break existing workflows or require
re-starting from a clean-ish slate.

Anyway, just wanted to give you guys the heads up - I've tried to keep
it all up-to-date in docs/install.rst, so that's the place to look. And
if something is broken, let us know. Although we thing it should be
settling down pretty soon.

Cheers,
Ben

Neil Tiffin

Apr 11, 2016, 9:29:52 AM4/11/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, I really like the new build process. It looks like it took a lot of work, but the benefits from installing the exact dependencies known to work should be huge.

Anyway, thank you for the hard work.

Neil

Ben Swift

Apr 11, 2016, 8:28:48 PM4/11/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
> FWIW, I really like the new build process. It looks like it took a lot of work, but the benefits from installing the exact dependencies known to work should be huge.
>
> Anyway, thank you for the hard work.

Thanks mate :)

Cheers
Ben