Extempore on windows

umbe...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2015, 3:12:18 AM2/12/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hi , i am Umberto from Italy ,

question: is it possible in the future to install Extempore on windows with a simple exe file and not with the current complicated procedure ?
thank you

Umberto

Andrew Sorensen

Feb 12, 2015, 7:07:00 PM2/12/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Over the past month I've been slowly ironing out the outstanding technical issues with running Extempore on Windows (primarily pre-compilation and a few llvm related issues) - largely because I needed windows 8 for a project that I'm working on.

Ben has kindly agreed (had his arm twisted ;-) to document the build process changes and to assemble a "stable" community build to mirror the tagged homebrew releases for linux/osx - basically the binary you are after for windows 7 & 8.  This is something that we're going to try to maintain - a match between tagged brew releases and a windows binary build.

There is one major(ish) caveat that we'll let you know about but it's pretty close to ready for "beta" testing - and when I say beta I really mean "try at your own risk"!

Ben will let everyone know when it's good to go ... should be sometime next week all going well.

Ben Swift

Feb 12, 2015, 11:44:37 PM2/12/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Yep, this is on the cards soon - stay tuned.

Cheers,
Ben

Roberto Arletti

Aug 18, 2015, 2:22:32 AM8/18/15
to Extempore

Hello , some news about extempore with windows ?

Umberto

Andrew Sorensen

Aug 18, 2015, 2:28:57 AM8/18/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
It's coming, we promise!  Think weeks rather than months ;)

There is a big "behind the scenes" change coming - when that hits master we'll let you all know.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Ra Ge

Aug 28, 2015, 3:42:25 PM8/28/15
to Extempore
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know, that there is +1 guy waiting for some windows release - me. I've seen some live performances of yours and holy shit - I am excited. Unfortunately my experience with Extempore on windows were poor - build failed on multiple reasons, msi installer found on this mailing group didn't give me working experience either (I've manage to run any audio exactly once, than it all went to hell).
I have a lot of hopes on this one though.

In any case I am impressed with Extempore and I cant wait to get my hands on it (literally I am taking two weeks off and I am going to piss my neighbors with my lame synthesizer compositions as soon as possible).

Cheers from a bit too sunny Wrocław
Rafał

Ben Swift

Aug 28, 2015, 7:49:53 PM8/28/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rafat

Nice to hear from you. Like we mentioned on the mailing list last week,
Andy and I have been giving Windows a bit of love recently, so things
are getting close. There are still a few kinks to work out, and sorry
that it's so messy to install from source, but hopefully things will be
better soon - in the next couple of weeks even.

Cheers,
Ben