Plain and simple CLI for extempore

Uno

Oct 19, 2017, 5:02:26 AM10/19/17
to Extempore
Hi

It would be great if there was a simple command line interface for extempore, for at least compiling sources.

I would like to use extempore for non-artist programming and I dont see why it couldn't be use like any other Scheme.

thanks
uno

Andrew Sorensen

Oct 19, 2017, 5:37:10 AM10/19/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
I assume you mean a REPL and not:

$ extempore --eval="(dotimes (i 10) (println 'hello 'world i)) (quit 1)"

Andrew Sorensen

Oct 19, 2017, 5:37:59 AM10/19/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Also, just for completeness

$ extempore --run=filename.xtm

Ben Swift

Oct 19, 2017, 6:37:15 PM10/19/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
If you *are* talking about a CLI repl (i.e. something readline-powered)
then the answer is no. It's certainly something that could be added,
though - as always it's just about finding the time :)

If you're using the Emacs mode, there's a built-in extempore repl at

M-x extempore-repl

Cheers
Ben