Robert Oetting

Dec 6, 2016, 7:01:46 AM12/6/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Dear fellow users,

I am working with extempore using opengl.
I try to use the "circle_whole" - function in the openg.xtm file but extempore tells me that it does not know the glVertex2d symbol. So I searched for that declaration and found it in "extempore/libs/external/gl/glcompat-getprocaddress.xtm". But calling that file with sys:load does not solve the problem. Even if i bind-func the circel_whole function manually, the compiler cant find the glVertex2d function which is used by circle_whole.

I just do not understand what "sys:load" and "impc:aot:uppress-aot-do" are doing.

Can somebody please explain to me how to load extempore libs correctly.

thx in advance.

regards, robert

Ben Swift

Dec 8, 2016, 5:46:17 PM12/8/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert

If you're looking for a 2D drawing library, the nanovg example in
examples/external/openvg.xtm is probably the best option. The
libs/external/opengl.xtm library is (somewhat) deprecated, although we
haven't yet marked it as such (we probably should).

In terms of sys:load, it's just loading an xtm file relative to the
extempore root directory. The "suppress-aot" and similar are to do with
ahead-of-time compliation (so that libraries load faster).

Cheers,
Ben

Jason Levine

Dec 10, 2016, 12:38:37 PM12/10/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
What should we use for 3D if opengl.xtm is deprecated?

Ben Swift

Dec 11, 2016, 8:55:45 PM12/11/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason

I should clarify - Extempore doesn't really have a formal deprecation
process, so if you have code which works for with opengl.xtm then that's
great - keep on truckin.

The "latest" Extempore 3D stuff, however, is showcased in
examples/external/xtmrender{1..6}.xtm (for full, 3D-pipeline stuff) and
examples/external/shader-tutorials (for bare-bones, but modern
shader-based OpenGL).

Cheers,
Ben

Robert O.

Feb 3, 2017, 3:38:28 PM2/3/17
to Extempore
Hey Ben,

Thank you very much for your help. I prefer jumping in the cold water and stick with opengl.
I got it working.
Thx for all you work,

best regards, Robert