A Programmer's Guide To Western Music

digego

Aug 15, 2015, 2:51:49 AM8/15/15
to Extempore
Is it possible to cram 1000 years of western music theory into 6 computational models livecoded in Extempore, in under half an hour?  Well, no ... but it was fun trying ;)  On the positive side, being forced to keep the models super simple helped to communicate much more effectively than I had expected.

A link to the talk, recorded at "Codemania" earlier this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpSYWd_aIiI

Cheers,
Andrew.

Damian Morris

Aug 15, 2015, 8:59:29 PM8/15/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Came across really clearly, plus I enjoyed it a lot, and clearly the audience did too :)

Cheers,

Damian

Circu Virtu

Aug 16, 2015, 3:53:37 AM8/16/15
to Extempore
From Monastry to Dancefloor. Amazing talk.
I'll now have to try and play with some new code snippets from in your talk.
When do we get the 'History of Digital Signal Processing' :)
Tnx for sharing,

4.go...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2016, 4:10:11 AM8/26/16
to Extempore
Great video! Thanks!
Was curious: which IDE do you use in this demo?

Andrew Sorensen

Aug 26, 2016, 4:19:07 AM8/26/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
emacs :)

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 6:10 PM, <4.go...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great video! Thanks!
Was curious: which IDE do you use in this demo?

4.go...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2016, 9:35:18 AM8/26/16
to Extempore
Wow, impressive ! Is the Vim package that evolved?