Instructions regarding uninstallation

Paul

Oct 19, 2016, 10:06:33 PM10/19/16
to Extempore
Hello,
I recently compiled Extempore and would now rather use the binary version. I noticed the documentation does not provide instructions for uninstalling the compiled version of Extempore. What steps do I need to take for completely removing Extempore from my system (Linux 64-bit)? Thank you!

Ben Swift

Oct 20, 2016, 6:45:16 AM10/20/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul

All you need to do is remove extempore from /usr/local/bin and the whole
/usr/local/share/extempore directory (probably, at least - depends on
which distro you're on).

Cheers,
Ben

Paul

Oct 21, 2016, 6:27:35 PM10/21/16
to Extempore
Hi Ben,

I've removed the file in /usr/local/bin, but there is no /usr/local/share/extempore directory. I'm on Arch Linux, any ideas as to where it would be? Thanks, talk soon.

Ben Swift

Oct 21, 2016, 8:16:14 PM10/21/16
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Ah, sorry, I forgot. You'll only need to uninstall the share directory
if you configured the build with -DIN_TREE=OFF (default is ON).

Actually, there should be an install_manifest.txt in your cmake build
directory which tells you all the files which were installed - it should
just be /usr/local/bin/extempore

Cheers
Ben