Live-Coding with Extempore: "A Study in Keith" revisited

Circu Virtu

May 10, 2015, 8:15:03 AM5/10/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
This week was Keith Jarret's 70's birthday.
So I revisited and polished up an older project based on Andrew's original peformance
and did a live-coding session on Twitch today.
The session was recoded and can be viewed on:

http://www.twitch.tv/algo_rhythm/b/657845527

Contains a few glitches and maybe errors as well, but I hope you enjoy watching.

Cheers,
cv

Jason Levine

May 10, 2015, 12:18:37 PM5/10/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
cool! Two questions: Where do you find that code? and where are you sending those midi notes?  Do you have a soft sampler running?

Jason Levine
new media performer + creative coder

Circu Virtu

May 10, 2015, 1:11:03 PM5/10/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
I used the code from his original performance and translated it to extempore.
https://vimeo.com/2433947
MIDI is sent to SoftSampler (NI Kontakt Grand Piano). I wish I could have
a Disklavier at hand.

Circu Virtu

May 12, 2015, 7:31:54 AM5/12/15
to extemp...@googlegroups.com