Nodejs Tutorial by building a cms from scratch

Devashish Meena

May 2, 2012, 2:18:14 AM5/2/12
to expre...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone
since i couldn't find an extensive end-to-end tutorial for nodejs(something that creates a full fledged app from ground up), i decided to write one from scratch.

I have completed 5 parts of this till now starting from creating a default expressjs application and to the latest one that builds a complete login-logout flow. Here are the links

Part 1 : http://www.devashish.co.in/2011/12/node-jspart-1-getting-started/
Part 2 : http://www.devashish.co.in/2012/01/node-jspart-2-application-layout/
Part 3 : http://www.devashish.co.in/2012/01/node-jspart-3-jade-bootstrap/
Part 4 : http://www.devashish.co.in/2012/02/node-jspart-4-some-more-jade-bootstrap/
Part 5 : http://www.devashish.co.in/2012/04/node-jspart-5login-logout-flow/

Do take a look and let me know what do you guys think about it.

--
Regards
Devashish

We will either find a way, or make one. - Hannibal

--
Regards
Devashish

We will either find a way, or make one. - Hannibal

Duncan Gmail

May 2, 2012, 3:41:28 AM5/2/12
to expre...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a pretty good start similar to the cms I've recently started, I'll follow along and pick up some points I'm sure.

- Duncan

Ps. Always good to see some nice tutorials coming out.

Nicolas Embleton

May 2, 2012, 12:28:37 PM5/2/12
to expre...@googlegroups.com
Very nice. Thanks.
I think that I'll pick up some pieces from the Bootstrap integration and from the Jade and Login/Logout flow. Some interesting pieces.

Thanks for sharing.
Nicolas.

Devashish Meena

May 3, 2012, 1:57:45 AM5/3/12
to expre...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Duncan.
Do you have your code hosted somewhere?

Chris Conley

May 3, 2012, 2:01:56 PM5/3/12
to Express
Try here:

https://github.com/ric03uec/nodeblox

Chris

On May 3, 1:57 am, Devashish Meena <devashish.me...@urbantouch.com>
wrote:
> Thanks Duncan.
> Do you have your code hosted somewhere?
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Duncan Gmail <duncananguswil...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Looks like a pretty good start similar to the cms I've recently started,
> > I'll follow along and pick up some points I'm sure.
>
> > - Duncan
>
> > Ps. Always good to see some nice tutorials coming out.
>
> > On 2 May 2012, at 07:18, Devashish Meena <devashish.me...@urbantouch.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone
> > since i couldn't find an extensive end-to-end tutorial for
> > nodejs(something that creates a full fledged app from ground up), i decided
> > to write one from scratch.
>
> > I have completed 5 parts of this till now starting from creating a default
> > expressjs application and to the latest one that builds a complete
> > login-logout flow. Here are the links
>
> > Part 1 :http://www.devashish.co.in/2011/12/node-jspart-1-getting-started/
> > Part 2 :
> >http://www.devashish.co.in/2012/01/node-jspart-2-application-layout/
> > Part 3 :http://www.devashish.co.in/2012/01/node-jspart-3-jade-bootstrap/
> > Part 4 :
> >http://www.devashish.co.in/2012/02/node-jspart-4-some-more-jade-boots...

Cezar Chirila

Sep 2, 2016, 11:57:50 AM9/2/16
to Express, devashi...@urbantouch.com
Hello there! Is there a mirror available for the website?

Cezar Chirila

Sep 2, 2016, 11:57:50 AM9/2/16
to Express, devashi...@urbantouch.com
Hi there! The website is not working anymore. Do you have a mirror? I am interested in this, I'm an electronic designer and usually code in embedded C, but recently became interested in javescript. Thank you!

miercuri, 2 mai 2012, 09:18:14 UTC+3, Devashish Meena a scris:

Paul Vencill

Sep 2, 2016, 7:30:27 PM9/2/16
to expre...@googlegroups.com, devashi...@urbantouch.com
Yep, can't get to it from here.