Request for help: getting some a basic local authenticating strategy working

Skip to the first unread message

mario zarella

16 Aug 2015, 11:26:19 am16/08/15
to Express
This is my first time to get a local authentication strategy working. I think what I'm doing is basic, so I hope others here might be able to help.

Here's the code:
https://gist.github.com/mzarella/38fd6f464d5f85c5050d

I'm reaching l32, but `user` is `false`
and `info` is `{ message: 'Missing credentials' }`

I think that I want to be hitting l17 so that I can verify the user's credentials, but I'm unable to get there.

Any help that can be offered will be appreciated.

Jason Crawford

16 Aug 2015, 12:26:55 pm16/08/15
to expre...@googlegroups.com
Looks to me like you have set things up properly, I think what's going on is that your POST request is missing the username (email) and/or password, so you're getting an error from Passport before you even get to line 17. Make sure you are passing both params on your login request.

Hope that helps,
Jason

--
Blog: http://blog.jasoncrawford.org  |  Twitter: @jasoncrawford