Error: Most middleware (like cookieParser) is no longer bundled with Express and must be installed separately. Please see https://github.com/senchalabs/connect#middleware.

Broo Root

Apr 17, 2014, 9:57:20 PM4/17/14
to expre...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I  get the message, "Error: Most middleware (like cookieParser) is no longer bundled with Express and must be installed separately", although I have installed all the available middleware that I could find by running i.e.

 npm install body-parser compression connect-timeout cookie-parser cookie-session csurf errorhandler express-session method-override morgan response-time serve-index serve-static static-favicon vhost

Does anyone have any advise?

thanks,

greelgorke

Apr 22, 2014, 5:02:16 AM4/22/14
to expre...@googlegroups.com
this message comes up when you use it with express.middlewarename if you switch to var bodyParser = require('body-parser'); app.use(bodyParser) the messages should go away, i guess

Ashwin Preetham Lobo

Aug 16, 2015, 11:26:19 AM8/16/15
to Express
You need to install the cookie-parser module seperatly using npm and then use that in your nodejs file.

To install and use the cookie-parser module refer the following link: