[Error Code: 6550] while executing stored procedure

Udara Rathnayake

Mar 16, 2015, 5:43:25 AM3/16/15
to execut...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying following simple stored procedure using EQ connected to Oracle.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE simpleProc
IS
BEGIN

 SELECT
* FROM SOCIAL_COMMENTS;

END;
/

execute stored object returns,

Executing procedure SIMPLEPROC...

ORA-06550: line 1, column 14:
PLS-00905: object WARUNA.SIMPLEPROC is invalid
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored
[Error Code: 6550]
[SQL State: 65000]

Appreciate any help..

Takis Diakoumis

Mar 16, 2015, 5:46:28 AM3/16/15
to execut...@googlegroups.com
hi

can you try and execute it as a single statement by either the right-click menu item 'Execute as Single Statement' or just ctrl-shift-f5 for the shortcut.

let me know how you go.

thanks
Takis

Udara Rathnayake

Mar 16, 2015, 5:50:14 AM3/16/15
to execut...@googlegroups.com
Hi Takis,

I'm able to run the CREATE statement without any issues, I'm getting this error while executing the stored object using Database>Execute Stored Object

Takis Diakoumis

Mar 16, 2015, 5:53:31 AM3/16/15
to execut...@googlegroups.com
ok... sorry, missed that. i'll have to spin up something i have with oracle to test.

in the meantime, have you tried executing this from the editor using:

call simpleProc;

thanks
Takis

Udara Rathnayake

Takis Diakoumis

Mar 16, 2015, 5:59:13 AM3/16/15
to execut...@googlegroups.com
yep - got it too... one sec... :)

Udara Rathnayake

Mar 16, 2015, 8:26:46 AM3/16/15
to execut...@googlegroups.com
So I believe this has nothing to do with EQ :) This happens while compiling the SP

Takis Diakoumis

Mar 16, 2015, 4:14:39 PM3/16/15
to execut...@googlegroups.com
ok. great.

don't hesitate to post up anything else.

thanks
Takis