Statement separator not honoured?

Robert Mark Bram

Jun 12, 2014, 9:03:51 PM6/12/14
to execut...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have an SQL file (Oracle DB) with a number of statements with no spaces separating them, e.g.:

select * from foo;
select * from bar;

When I place my cursor in one of these statements and run "Execute query at cursor" it is running both. I.e. it seems to be ignoring the statement delimiter. I have looked through Preferences and Database Properties and don't see a way to specify the delimiter anywhere.

I notice that if I separate the statements with a blank line, "Execute query at cursor" will then only run the single statement, but this isn't what I expect. Am  I missing something here?

Rob
:)

Robert Mark Bram

Jun 12, 2014, 9:17:52 PM6/12/14
to execut...@googlegroups.com
I have an SQL file (Oracle DB) with a number of statements with no spaces separating them, e.g.:

I meant *no blank lines* separating them.

Takis Diakoumis

Jun 12, 2014, 9:27:02 PM6/12/14
to execut...@googlegroups.com
hi

the 'execute query at cursor' feature relies on line breaks to determine what should be executed and ignores any delimiters up to the point of execution. as you've noticed, delimiters are accounted for as its executing only.

again, lets see whats involved and determine the change.

thanks again
Takis

http://executequery.org