Database Browser displays only default table list

Tyler Wheatley

May 22, 2017, 4:41:00 PM5/22/17
to Execute Query
Hi,
I'm using EQ to connect to IBM Netezza (Pure Data for Analytics). The database browser retrieves the list of database objects for the default database schema Fine. However it incorrectly retrieve that same catalog for every other Database / Schema I have access to on that same server. Ideally it would retrieve the object list for each of the different Database/Schemas. Is there a way to fix this?

Tyler Wheatley

May 22, 2017, 4:42:59 PM5/22/17
to Execute Query
Screenshot attached.
Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.41.51 PM.png

Takis Diakoumis

May 23, 2017, 4:34:17 AM5/23/17
to execut...@googlegroups.com
hello

thanks for your comments.

i have noted before with some DBs that no matter your access, even though it lists available databases/schemas/catalogs, the driver won't return anything inside unless you have a direct connection to them (as in the 'default').

i imagine if you create 'direct connections to those other DBs it would be fine - i do note thats not actually what you're asking though.

the db/catalog/schema name is passed in as you make a selection and i just tested this on a sample for mysql whose driver does allow you to traverse other DBs and catalogs etc.

i have not connected to netezza before - i'm not really familiar with it. i'll have a read and get back to you again.

thanks again :)
Takis