View table - cannot sort or filter columns

Robert Mark Bram

Jun 12, 2014, 8:51:44 PM6/12/14
to execut...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

In Execute Query, when I view a table (i.e. see Table Columns view), I cannot click on any of the columns (Name, Datatype, Size, Scale etc), nor can I filter the view to only see certain columns (I am dealing with a table that has a LOT of columns). Is EQ capable of doing this and I am missing something? Or is it something that can be added?

Thanks!

Rob
:)

Takis Diakoumis

Jun 12, 2014, 9:04:28 PM6/12/14
to execut...@googlegroups.com
Hi

the table views across those tabs do not support sorting. as they are all database meta data views, they are presented in the way and order in which that info is returned from the database.

i guess there is no technical reason not to support sorting here - but it was deliberately left out. i'm close to a new release right now, but i'll have a quick look and see how long it would take to implement.

thanks for the suggestion.

Takis

http://executequery.org

Robert Mark Bram

Jun 12, 2014, 9:17:00 PM6/12/14
to execut...@googlegroups.com
the table views across those tabs do not support sorting. as they are all database meta data views, they are presented in the way and order in which that info is returned from the database.

i guess there is no technical reason not to support sorting here - but it was deliberately left out. i'm close to a new release right now, but i'll have a quick look and see how long it would take to implement.

That would be great - thanks Takis!

The filtering part would be great too - a very cool addition to all result set view as well. DbVisualizer has some pretty cool functionality in that respect - allowing you to filter a result view (including a view on the columns of a table) very easily.

Takis Diakoumis

Jun 18, 2014, 5:15:04 PM6/18/14
to execut...@googlegroups.com
hi

the new release 4.2.0 includes sorting those columns. the filters are scheduled for a later release.,

thanks
Takis

Robert Mark Bram

Jun 18, 2014, 8:11:22 PM6/18/14
to execut...@googlegroups.com
the new release 4.2.0 includes sorting those columns. the filters are scheduled for a later release.,

thanks
Takis

That's great news - thanks!