Re: Ewing Query

Carolyn Branch

Jan 23, 2015, 11:30:15 AM1/23/15
to Mike/Beth Toscos, ewingfamily...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We corresponded a few months ago when I was writing a book on the history of Fulton, Missouri.  You said you would be interested in hearing more about the book I was planning about South Callaway. I'm working on the South Callaway book now and plan to publish toward the end of February. The title is South Callaway Missouri Settlers and Settlements.

Most of this book is based on a series of articles written by William Nash Moore and published in the Mokane Herald-Post 1904 - 1905.  William Nash Moore married Margaret Ewing on October 4, 1855. She was the youngest daughter of Captain Patrick Ewing.

 I discovered these articles in 2002 and copied them into a notebook. Another staff member at the library indexed the articles.  I have transcribed all of the articles and added information from other records, maps, photos, etc. for Settlers and Settlements.  I'm still working on adding photos. Do you have any of Patrick Ewing or any of his Callaway County family?  If you do, I would love to include them.

An index to the articles and a copy of William Nash Moore's obituary are online. http://callaway.dbrl.org/?page_id=899

Cordially,

Carolyn Paul Branch
5622 Hartman Drive
Fulton, MO 65251

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Mike/Beth Toscos <mbto...@comcast.net> wrote:

Carolyn,

I’m sorry we are too late.  I would be very happy, however, to include a paragraph on your books.  Would you like to devise one.  Of course the emphasis here would need to be on Jane Ewing Ratekin.  The publishing information can certainly be included.  Our genealogists are avid readers and depending on whether someone notes a connection with Jane and her lineage, they might very well choose to make a purchase.

Please send whatever you wish us to publish by return.

We will, of course, be very interested in the progress on your next book.

Sincerely,

Beth Ewing Toscos

Jan 23, 2015, 12:46:33 PM1/23/15
to Carolyn Branch, Mike/Beth Toscos, EFA
What a wonderful contribution to the Ewing genealogy!  Thank you for doing it and for sharing.  Sadly, my files do not contain any photos of Patrick Ewing.  I wish you well as you continue your research and writing.  Wallace K. Ewing, Chancellor, Ewing Family Association

--
Visit the main EFA site at http://www.ewingfamilyassociation.org
---