Everett and Einstein

Evgenii Rudnyi

Jun 29, 2013, 3:17:48 AM6/29/13
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
Quote from Peter Byrne, The Many Worlds of Hugh Everett III: Multiple
Universes, Mutual Assured Destruction, and the Meltdown of a Nuclear Family

p. 25 Nancy about Everett: "This is a guy who at the tender age of 12
wrote a letter to Albert Einstein, and received a reply! I think his mom
- K.K. may have influenced him [to write that letter]".

p. 26 "Everett long lost letter to Albert Einstein apparently claimed to
have solved the paradox of what happens when an irresistible force meet
an immoveable object. Nance thought he had written it as a 'hoax', to
see if he could fool the great man. Graciously, Einstein wrote back on
June 11, 1943,

'There is no such thing like an irresistible force and immoveable body.
But there seems to be a very stubborn boy who has forced his way
victoriously through strange difficulties created by himself for this
purpose.'"

spudb...@aol.com

Evgenii Rudnyi

Jun 29, 2013, 11:19:21 AM6/29/13
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
The Liz's episode is sad indeed:

p. 352 "Ten weeks later on July 11, in Hawaii, a few days after her 39th
birthday, Liz succeed in killing herself with an overdose of sleeping pills.

She left a note, that read, in part:

'Funeral requests: I prefer no church stuff. Please burn me and DON'T
FILE ME(:. Please sprinkle me in some nice body of water ... or the
garbage, maybe that way I'll end up in the correct parallel universe to
meet up w/Daddy'."

Compare with

p. 347 "Nancy kept his [Hugh Everett III] ashes in an urn inside a
filing cabinet in the dining room for a few years. Then, one day, in
accordance with his express wishes, she tossed the cremains into a
garbage can."

Yet, the death of Liz seems to be unrelated to the Many World Theory.
This is probably the consequence of her education at Everett's house.

p. 339 "But Liz and Mark were largely unsupervised - allowed to drink,
smoke dope, and have sex with friends at home. The were not chastised or
put on restriction or given the limits that children need to learn who
they are. ... By her late teens, Liz was a full-blown mess.
Manic-depressive, she turned to sex, alcohol, and a variety of drugs -
from LSD and pot to cocaine and heroin - to kill the pain of being alive."

Evgenii
--
http://blog.rudnyi.ru/tag/hugh-everett-iii

On 29.06.2013 15:20 spudb...@aol.com said the following:

> It was sad about his daughter, determined to follow her father to
> whatever world awaits. But, Everett himself had a good way
> emotionally, of battling death anxiety. His daughter as you've
> already read, suffered from schitzophrenia, and cut out of this
> version of planet earth, way too early. Jacque Mallah who used to
> post to this list, wrote a paper against quantum immortality,
> probably, as a message to prevent suicides?
>
> Mitch
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru>
> To: everything-list <everyth...@googlegroups.com> Sent: Sat, Jun
> 29, 2013 3:17 am Subject: Everett and Einstein
>

> Quote from Peter Byrne, The Many Worlds of Hugh Everett III:
> Multiple niverses, Mutual Assured Destruction, and the Meltdown of a
> Nuclear Family p. 25 Nancy about Everett: "This is a guy who at the
> tender age of 12 rote a letter to Albert Einstein, and received a
> reply! I think his mom K.K. may have influenced him [to write that
> letter]". p. 26 "Everett long lost letter to Albert Einstein
> apparently claimed to ave solved the paradox of what happens when an
> irresistible force meet n immoveable object. Nance thought he had
> written it as a 'hoax', to ee if he could fool the great man.
> Graciously, Einstein wrote back on une 11, 1943, 'There is no such
> thing like an irresistible force and immoveable body. ut there seems
> to be a very stubborn boy who has forced his way ictoriously through
> strange difficulties created by himself for this urpose.'"

Alberto G. Corona

John Mikes

Jun 29, 2013, 4:12:44 PM6/29/13
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
Evgeniy, - this is not my table. Not that I disagree with Everett in his MWI of SIMILAR (identical) universes: I do. My MWI consists of universes (complexities, in MY 'Plenitude'-narrative - what I never called 'theory') by occasionally found ingredients with uncontrolled qualia - haphazardously, I almost said 'random' (what I always evade) so those universes are of diverse complexity (composition) and built.
Furthermore: It is the setup of treating cremational ASHES as pertinent to the person that was. I.e.: to his BODY only.

A person is a complexity that dissipates at - what we call - death. Not to ashes (material body) and not necessarily entirely. Complexity-parts (whatever they may be) MAY join surviving other complexities so as to be able to exercise SOME of their earlier functionalities - (adjusted?) within the overall new host-complexity.
This is in my NARRATIVE (belief system). So the 'ashes' of a body (or the excrement of the scavengers) have little to do with the 'person' that was. It may be a fetish for the gullible.

And here is the best story about ashes:
A young lady invites a young man for a drink, leaves him in the living room while she goes out to prepare the drinks. The young man looks around and on the mantelpiece kips over a cute little urn: ashes fall out. He carefully cleans them back and when the girl comes in, totally remorsefully confesses to what he committed. The young lady is smiling: "Never mind, these are the ashes of my father" - upon which the young man almost dies in shame. She continues: - "You know, Mummy dislikes when Daddy smokes, so when he lights up, he puts the ashes into that urn so Mummy does not see them." -

JM

smi...@zonnet.nl

Jun 29, 2013, 4:14:03 PM6/29/13
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
Well, there is no point in living if you don't want to live. And if you
don't live from some time onward, you still live at earlier times. In
fact, you are alive today, because you are going to die in the future
(otherwise the probability of being alive today would be vanishingly
small).

In the block time picture, today, tomorrow, and yesterday have the same
status. So, if you don't exist tomorrow, you still exist today and
yesterday.

Saibal

Jason Resch

Jun 29, 2013, 5:06:40 PM6/29/13
to Everything List
Also, while at Princeton Everett's teacher Wheeler, setup a special lecture by Einstein, which was attended by Wheeler's class (including Everett).

Jason

Evgenii Rudnyi

Jun 30, 2013, 3:09:17 AM6/30/13
On 29.06.2013 22:14 smi...@zonnet.nl said the following:
> Well, there is no point in living if you don't want to live. And if
> you don't live from some time onward, you still live at earlier
> times. In fact, you are alive today, because you are going to die in
> the future (otherwise the probability of being alive today would be
> vanishingly small).
>
> In the block time picture, today, tomorrow, and yesterday have the
> same status. So, if you don't exist tomorrow, you still exist today
> and yesterday.
>
> Saibal

�When his lifelong friend Besso died, Einstein wrote a letter to Besso�s
family, saying that although Besso had preceded him in death, it was of
no consequence,�for men who have knowledge of physics know that the
separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion,
although a convincing one.�

Evgenii
--

http://blog.rudnyi.ru/2012/08/einstein-on-time.html