Karl Pribram: the holographic brain

Evgenii Rudnyi

Oct 15, 2013, 2:31:26 PM10/15/13
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
I once have heard that Karl Pribram has a theory of a holographic brain
and decided to read his latest book

Karl H Pribram, The Form Within: My Point of View.

Unfortunately I was unable to understand his theory, as for me the book
was too eclectic. One quote that I like is below, but I have failed to
understand how he has come exactly to such a conclusion based on
neuroscience.

Does someone here know his theory? Is there somewhere a better
description of his ideas as in his book?

Evgenii
--
http://blog.rudnyi.ru/tag/karl-h-pribram

p. 531-532 “Most important, ‘in ancient times’ we navigated our world
and discovered experiences in ourselves that reflected what we observed
in the world: We woke at sunrise and slept at sunset. We were intimately
connected at every level with the cycles of nature. This process was
disrupted by the Copernican revolution, by its aftermaths in biology –
even by our explorations of quantum physics and cosmology – and in the
resulting interpretations of our personal experiences. But today, once
again, we have rediscovered that it is we who observe our cosmos and are
aware that we observe; that it is we who observe our navigation of our
world and observe our own observations.”

spudb...@aol.com