UPS WorldShip 2011

NCI508

Oct 12, 2011, 2:51:43 PM10/12/11
to Everest (Icode/Versata) ERP Users Group
We are running Everest Version 5.0.2.6, and we would like to upgrade
to UPS WorldShip 2011. Everest Technical Support has informed me that
they have not tested WorldShip 2011, so they were unable to supply me
wtih the field mapping. UPS Technical Support is not familar with
Everest, so they could not help. Would anyone know how the fields are
to be mapped?

Erik O

Oct 12, 2011, 9:09:05 PM10/12/11
to Everest (Icode/Versata) ERP Users Group
We are utilizing Worldship 2011 on Everest 5035. We originally set up
the mappings for Worldship 2008 or so and simply followed the mappings
suggested in the Everest documentation. Unfortunately, I can't find it
right now or I'd attach it to my reply. Follow the directions and it
works.

Sascha

Oct 13, 2011, 12:15:55 PM10/13/11
to Everest (Icode/Versata) ERP Users Group
We successfully upgraded to WorldShip 2011 without a problem and using
the same mappings as before.

In case you don't have the document from Everest (back in the day when
these - and many others - were available on their support website),
here it is:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0Bw9LZHT411iZMjVhZDczZGItYWMxOC00ZmEwLThhNDgtOTE2YTAyZjAyZTZh&hl=en_US

NCI508

Oct 13, 2011, 5:05:36 PM10/13/11
to Everest (Icode/Versata) ERP Users Group
We are setup with the Worldship 2008 mappings. Thank you for letting
me know that the 2008 mappings apply to 2011.
> > to be mapped?- Hide quoted text -

NCI508

Oct 13, 2011, 5:06:57 PM10/13/11
to Everest (Icode/Versata) ERP Users Group
I do have the document from Everest. Thank you for letting me know
that the mappings in the document will work in Worldship 2011.

On Oct 13, 12:15 pm, Sascha <saschad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We successfully upgraded to WorldShip 2011 without a problem and using
> the same mappings as before.
>
> In case you don't have the document from Everest (back in the day when
> these - and many others - were available on their support website),
> here it is:
>
> https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0Bw...
>
> On Oct 12, 2:51 pm, NCI508 <ccamelo2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > We are running Everest Version 5.0.2.6, and we would like to upgrade
> > to UPS WorldShip 2011.  Everest Technical Support has informed me that
> > they have not tested WorldShip 2011, so they were unable to supply me
> > wtih the field mapping.    UPS Technical Support is not familar with
> > Everest, so they could not help.  Would anyone know how the fields are

Paul Mandeltort

Oct 13, 2011, 5:43:57 PM10/13/11
to NCI508, Everest (Icode/Versata) ERP Users Group
Versata could learn a thing or two from UPS about backward compatibility...
--P

--Paul
---------
Paul Mandeltort
pma...@gmail.com

Sarvesh

Oct 20, 2011, 4:49:55 AM10/20/11
to Everest (Icode/Versata) ERP Users Group
Hi,

This might help you.

1. From the UPS WorldShip workstation, launch UPS WorldShip.
2. Go to UPS OnLine Connect 􀃆 Connection Assistant…
3. Choose the action “Create a new map for Import”, then click “Next”.
4. For Import Data Types, choose “Shipment”, and then click “Next”.
5. For the Data Source, select the option “By Known ODBC Source”.
6. Select “UPS_WORLDSHIP_EVEREST_IMPORT” as the ODBC source
7. For ID, enter the SQL user name and password and click “Next”.
8. Select the “New Map” option.
9. Type in the map name as “Everest Sales Order Import”.
10. Click “Next” when complete and then “Finish” when you get to the
final step. The
program may take a few minutes before the next window opens up.
11. Under ODBC Tables, select “V_SHIP_IMPORT_FOR_SO”.
12. Under WorldShip Fields, select “Ship To”
13. From the “V_SHIP_IMPORT_FOR_SO” ODBC table, select “ORDER_NO” and
click the
“Define Primary Key for import” button. You will notice a key
appearing to the left side
of the “order_no” column.
14. On the left pane select “CUST_CODE” and select the “Customer ID”
from right pane.
15. Click on the “Connect” button.
16. Repeat the same procedure for ship-to fields.

Regards,

Sarvesh Desai

NCI508

Oct 21, 2011, 3:53:24 PM10/21/11
to Everest (Icode/Versata) ERP Users Group
Thank you, Sarvesh.

RX

Dec 7, 2012, 3:23:56 AM12/7/12
to evere...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to map Worldship with Everest V4.0.2 SP2.
I have the OBDC setup but I do not see V_SHIP_IMPORT_FOR_SO in the ODBC table.

Thanks.

Torbett

Dec 7, 2012, 5:37:21 AM12/7/12
to evere...@googlegroups.com
Is a Worldship intergration better than Starship?

We've had starship since 2004. We ship UPS, FedEx and US Postal, all managed thru starship 'Rate Shop' feature. We figure the savings using Rate Shop far exceeds the cost of the product, plus no in-house developement support time need.

--
Email sent to Google Groups: "Everest (Icode/Versata) ERP Users Group" group.

- Post: evere...@googlegroups.com

C Torbett Crocker
@JacksonDriving

Garrett

Dec 13, 2012, 9:56:11 AM12/13/12
to evere...@googlegroups.com
I have heard that its possible to somehow utilize UPS Worldship for USPS shipments (not UPS Mail Innovations). Anyone doing this?  We have been using Starship for 5+ years.  For the most part it has been a pretty good product.  Unfortunatly, I cannot stand the changes that they have made with their newest releases.  It is now cumbersome, and slow.  We only use UPS, and USPS.

RX

Dec 14, 2012, 3:42:43 AM12/14/12
to evere...@googlegroups.com
Anybody???

Tom

Dec 14, 2012, 8:23:13 AM12/14/12
to evere...@googlegroups.com, RX
Not sure if this helps, but we store the UPS data in a temporary table and then we have a program that runs as a schedule to verify the orders exist in Everest and then insert records to this table  SHIPMENT_TRACKING_DETAILS in Everest

I would imagine you could probably insert records directly, but there would be no chance to catch bad data and being that I didn't create this integration I have no idea what bad data would do here!

-Tom
--
Message has been deleted

Joseph Pierce

Dec 18, 2012, 10:15:11 AM12/18/12
to evere...@googlegroups.com

FedEx also offers the same service.  It’s called FedEx Smart Post.  UPS wanted a shipment of at least 50 SurePost shipments per day to allow us to use the service.  FedEx did not have a minimum.

Joe

Dec 21, 2012, 9:40:40 AM12/21/12
to evere...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if it's improved since, but FedEx smartpost used to have horrible reliability and delivery timeline problems. Would take up to a week or two to get packages a state over.   Tracking was also screwy because packages would often get lost between the USPS/FedEx handoff and the two orgs would blame each other.  Customers watching packages would seem them get routed through bizarre states on the other side of the country and of course get pissed off.

We tried it a few years back and promptly ditched it.  Maybe it's gotten better, but at the time even the FedEx reps wouldn't recommend it unless you're shipping some really commodity-type stuff.