Buy ticket in Eventbrite and become a member in site

Ieva

Apr 21, 2015, 4:33:17 AM4/21/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm about to ask a question that probably will sound silly.

I have build the site using Wordpress+Buddypress and implemented Eventbrite via this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/eventbrite-api/

Now the site owner asked if it's possible to do the following: when the user buys ticket in eventbrite.com that he will be requested to register in his site and become a member in here. I mean buying tickets in eventbrite.com and in the middle of buying process he will be asked to register in 3rd part site.

I'm almost sure, that it's impossible to to it, but still want to be sure.

Thank you!

Ieva

Apr 21, 2015, 5:01:11 AM4/21/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
To be more specific it should look something like this:

- The user logins to eventbrite.com with his eventbrite account
- User finds 'MySiteName' event and starts to buy ticket
- Somewhere in the middle of the buying process he will be asked to register in 'MySiteName'  to continue (if no, can't continue buying ticket. Also could note that he already has an account in 'MySiteName' )
- User is redirected to 'MySiteName' login page
- User logins to 'MySiteName'  with LinkedIn (account is created)
- After login user is redirected back to eventbrite.com to finish ticket buying process

Mitch Colleran

Apr 21, 2015, 7:33:43 AM4/21/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leva!

Thanks for the request -- it provides us a lot of good feedback to hear what others would like to do alongside Eventbrite registration.

Unfortunately, the actual 'registration flow' of Eventbrite is pretty well locked down, so this wouldn't be possible in the way that you've described.

I could imagine an experience where are user comes to your site before Eventbrite, and is initially forced to register or login (if for these events, an account is required). You can manage this by having a private event on Eventbrite, or by using our access codes: http://developer.eventbrite.com/docs/event-access-codes/

Sorry we don't handle this in an ideal way, if you end up choosing Eventbrite, then we'd be happy to answer any follow-up discussions.

Cheers!
Mitch

Jerica Richardson

Jun 9, 2015, 6:33:18 PM6/9/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
I could actually use some guidance in setting up what you have described. The finished product: If a user has an event on our site and eventbrite, he/she can include their eventbrite event id on their registration page, and another user can register with eventbrite through the registration page on our app. If the eventbrite registration is successsful, the user will be noted as an attendee for both the eventbrite event and the event through our site.
Is this flow possible?

It seems as though it is the most obvious flow, but being new to coding seems to limit my ability to understand the documentation. As of now all attending forms are done one-click through our site. I would just like to incorporate Eventbrite for the convenience of our users.

Thanks!