Event Descriptions and Order Confirmations not showing up

riley....@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 5:18:06 PM3/21/18
to Eventbrite API
Hello, I'm creating events using the API, but currently the description is not showing up on the draft event on the web when previewing or editing them. The same goes for the Order Confirmation Message.

I'm submitting these with the event.description.html key as described under https://www.eventbrite.com/developer/v3/endpoints/events/#ebapi-post-events

Even better, when I query the draft event, it DOES show the description.

Any advice here would be appreciated!

riley....@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2018, 3:16:14 PM3/22/18
to Eventbrite API
Update: I figured out something I was doing on my end for the description. It's there now.

However, the Order Confirmation still doesn't seem to be showing up when I go into the event's Order Confirmation page. I definitely see the message in the ticket_class, just not in the web UI, even when I look at the example order.

It could be really bad for us if the information doesn't show up there, so how can I confirm this?

Thank you.

Chris Cummings

Mar 22, 2018, 4:11:38 PM3/22/18
to Eventbrite API
Hi Riley,

You've identified a confusing feature! The per-event order confirmation settings are not exposed to the api, just the per-ticket order confirmation settings. So unfortunately, users have to manually enable per-ticket order confirmation for the confirmation messages that you created via the api to take affect.

Here's how to change order confirmation settings via the web ui.

We know this is confusing. Apologies.

Chris

riley....@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2018, 4:44:04 PM3/22/18
to Eventbrite API
Thank you for the reply Chris!

That's unfortunate, but I can now post these events. It just means I'll have to click through on each event. If this isn't already a feature request: PLEASE allow us to access per-event order confirmation settings via the api :)

Chris Cummings

Mar 23, 2018, 3:25:25 PM3/23/18
to Eventbrite API
It's an open feature request. We feel your pain here! Thanks for letting us know.