Event Brite & Wordpress (HELP)

sh...@studiograft.co.uk

Jun 7, 2018, 6:34:01 AM6/7/18
to Eventbrite API
Hi All,

We are working on behalf of our client, they're a large UK organisation in adopting Eventbrite to provide all their event needs. Our client has quite custom needs to do with how they require Eventbrite to work.

What we are trying to do is fit Eventbrite into our way of working in WordPress and we've been told that this won't work due to the following reasons; are they true or could Eventbrite do these things mentioned below?

For example, these are the questions I'm trying to answer:

* Eventbrite doesn’t distinguish between members and non-members - we have different tiers of memberships which give our members different prices for the events.

* Patrons get 2 free places at all our events. They would need a code in order to book their places which Eventbrite doesn’t allow. Eventbrite would also need to have some kind of alert if a patron tries to book additional places to say that their limit has been reached. Patrons also get a table of 10 at an Annual Dinner or Lunch as part of their patronage.

* New members and renewed members also get a Love 2 Network voucher which enables them to one place at one event except for the Annual Dinners and Annual Lunches. Again they would need a code in order to use this voucher and there would need to be some kind of alert if they try to use the voucher for another event. It would also need some kind of alert on Annual Dinners and Annual Lunches to say that the voucher can’t be used for this.

* Cancellation policy – Eventbrite doesn’t allow you to add your own cancellation policy.

* If you needed to cancel an event, you need to cancel the attendees first.

* Eventbrite doesn’t allow you add hyperlinks in emails

* Eventbrite doesn’t allow you to add attachments to emails

* Difficult to search for an event listing

* Member and non-member pricing – Eventbrite charges a handling charge on top of the member price for any chargeable events which mean that the member and non-member price is different to that on our website.

Would be great to get some thoughts on the above :D

Thanks all!

Shaun

alb...@seacabo.com

Oct 19, 2018, 9:25:35 PM10/19/18
to Eventbrite API
Hi Sean,

I have a similar client I am looking for a solution for...Did you end up going with Eventbrite? If not, what was your final solutions? Any help is appreciated...Thanks,