How to get venues information

Luying Min

Feb 27, 2016, 9:47:13 AM2/27/16
to Eventbrite API
Hello!
I tried to a venue information.
But I see following notice.
HTTP 403 FORBIDDEN
  • Vary: Accept
  • Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
  • Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Authorization, Content-Type
  • Allow: GET, POST, HEAD, OPTIONS
{
    "status_code": 403,
    "error_description": "You do not have permission to access the resource you requested.",
    "error": "NOT_AUTHORIZED"

Eventbrite API

Feb 29, 2016, 12:37:52 PM2/29/16
to Eventbrite API
Hi Luying,

What endpoint are you using to make the GET request for the venue?

andre....@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2016, 1:48:34 PM9/6/16
to Eventbrite API
Hi there,

I'm getting the same error, here is url im calling :
https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/venues/6381105/?token=MY_TOKEN

Malina Wiesen

Sep 13, 2016, 4:34:34 PM9/13/16
to Eventbrite API
Andre,

Can you please send the OAuth token you are using to api at eventbrite dot com? I'm able to make a successful request to that endpoint using my auth token.

m...@malcolmmcfly.com

Feb 21, 2017, 2:54:31 AM2/21/17
to Eventbrite API
What was the resolution to this issue? I am getting the exact same error for that endpoint.

Malina Wiesen

Feb 27, 2017, 3:22:59 PM2/27/17
to Eventbrite API
Malcom,

The resolution was that the venue the developer was requesting was private and the developer did not own the venue so did not have access to it via the API.  For the most part, NOT_AUTHORIZED means that you are trying to access something that is private.

Best,
Malina

weez...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2017, 3:41:43 PM3/31/17
to Eventbrite API
In my situation, the venue name is available on the site, so something similar should be available via api. All I can receive is the venue id.

lo...@kragniz.eu

Aug 5, 2019, 12:43:36 PM8/5/19
to Eventbrite Developers
Just in case anyone else finds this thread via google, I was getting a very similar error: it turned out I was using an organizer_id (ID for an organizer profile) in the place of an organization_id. Finding your organization_id can be done by calling GET /v3/users/me/organizations/.

Hope this helps someone.