How to tell if waitlist has been enabled for an event via API

Graham Starke

Sep 26, 2016, 8:27:08 PM9/26/16
to Eventbrite API
Hi,

I'm trying to determine if a waitlist has been enabled for the event. The reason for this is that I'm currently going through all the ticket classes to determine if an event has been sold out and then show a "Sold Out" link instead of "Book Tickets". The problem is that when the event has the waitlist enabled the link will still be show as "Sold Out" and I need to override this if the waitlist has been enabled and change the text to something like "Join Waiting List".

The way I'm currently determining if the event is Sold Out is by going through the ticket classes to see if ALL of them have an "on_sale_status" of "SOLD_OUT" - if so I mark the entire event as sold out and block the user from going through to purchase tickets, which can be seen as incorrect if the waitlist is enabled and there are technically tickets available.

Any help in either refactoring how I deem an event to be sold out, or exposing the waitlist enabled property would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Graham

Eventbrite API

Sep 27, 2016, 7:55:59 PM9/27/16
to Eventbrite API
Hi Graham,

Unfortunately, waitlist settings are not something we currently expose via our API's. We will file this as a feature request for you though.

Alex Black

Jan 10, 2018, 4:31:43 AM1/10/18
to Eventbrite API
Any movement on waitlist API? We are having to manually export and update our site. Is there any timescale on when it might be done?