How to get only JSONs from eventbrite APIs

Mansi Awasthi

Oct 8, 2014, 1:25:36 PM10/8/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am using

to extract the events from eventbrite but here the events are coming in html form rather then JSON

If I try to use older APIs then in that case I am not able to see the category as category field in now API use category_id which is missing in older version.

Regards
mansi

Dana Kock

Oct 9, 2014, 1:59:33 AM10/9/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mansi ~

If you're running into this issue the workaround is to append 'format=json' to your GET request.

But, unfortunately, this is not currently working in the Event Search endpoint.

We have recognized this and are working on a fix.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Best,
Dana

sahilv

Mar 10, 2017, 9:47:17 AM3/10/17
to Eventbrite API
Hello Dana,

Call to url:
'https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/users/*****/owned_event_orders/?expand=event&format=json'

returns

"status_code": 406, "error_description": "Could not satisfy the request's Accept header", "error": "NOT_ACCEPTABLE"

Any suggestions on how to get data in JSON rather than HTML ?
Is there any alternative solution ?
Can you please help

Eventbrite API

Mar 10, 2017, 2:14:53 PM3/10/17
to Eventbrite API
Hi Sahilv,

That should work, please sent the entire query to api at eventrbrite dot com.  Be sure to include the user id and oauth token in the email.