Setting the Order Confirmation Message Per Event, not per Ticket Class

Kunal Gupta

Jan 24, 2018, 9:15:05 AM1/24/18
to Eventbrite API
Hi,

I am trying to set the order confirmation message via the API to invoke a redirect after checkout, which in the GUI, you do by just setting the message to a URL.

I noticed that you can set the order confirmation message on the ticket class, but not the event, so I feel stumped on how to do this.

Is there a way to set it on the event?

Or if not - even if it has to be per ticket - is there a way to build the same redirect behavior via the API that you would do via the GUI?

Thanks

Kunal

Kunal Gupta

Feb 25, 2018, 1:22:01 PM2/25/18
to Eventbrite API
Hi,

Just checking in on if there's any way to customize the order confirmation message per event via the API!

It would save people a lot of headache, since our extension takes care of everything else, but now we have to instruct people to go to each event and customize the message by hand.

Kunal

Chris Cummings

Feb 27, 2018, 2:10:24 PM2/27/18
to Eventbrite API
Hi Kunal,

There is not currently a way to set the Event Order Confirmation. It's an open feature request, but I can't speak to when that might be implemented. The only option is to have the event set to per-ticket class confirmations (using the web-ui) and then updating the confirmation for each ticket POSTing to the /events/:id/ticket_classes/:id/ end point.

Thanks!
Chris