Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Michael Herold

da leggere,
28 apr 2015, 10:49:4628/04/15
a eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I've recently been added as a maintainer for the omniauth-eventbrite gem for Ruby. This handles Eventbrite's OAuth2 authentication for the OmniAuth framework.

There is a pull request open to add support for the "ref" parameter in the authentication workflow. Looking at Eventbrite's documentation, I can only find one mention of the "ref" parameter and no mention of what it does. The reference I mentioned is on the page: http://developer.eventbrite.com/doc/authentication/oauth2/ under the "Implementation Steps for Client-Side Languages" section.

Also, the parameter is only mentioned when linking into the documentation from the legacy "V1 Methods" section and is not mentioned in the updated documentation for the newer version of the API.

My questions regarding this are:
  1. What is the "ref" parameter? Does it actually do anything?
  2. Does the newer API even pay attention to this parameter?
Thank you for any guidance you can give.

Best,
Michael

Dana Kock

da leggere,
30 apr 2015, 09:09:1130/04/15
a eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

The "ref" parameter is used for tracking referrals for our referral program https://www.eventbrite.com/referral-program/.

And, yes, we do still pay attention to this parameter! Please let us know if you have any other questions here.

Bes,
Dana
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore