Is it possible to create a sub question?

Robert Noack

Jun 3, 2015, 7:15:04 AM6/3/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
When creating a dropdown question (POST to /events/nn/questions/) there is a property called "question.parent_choice_id". Is it possible to use it to have the question shown the "parent choice" is selected in the registration form? The questions seem to ignore this property when they are created, they don't turn up as a sub question, rather as a sibling question.

Dana Kock

Jun 3, 2015, 10:07:47 AM6/3/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

Currently sub-questions are not able to be created via the API, though this is something we're looking to implement in the near future.

Sorry for the confusion, and we'll let you know as soon as we have any additional information.

armst...@fsoec.org

Jul 12, 2017, 9:04:57 AM7/12/17
to Eventbrite API
Ok, so we can't create custom question flow within the API. Is there a recommended workaround? There are situations that, if "Yes" is answered, will require a legal waiver to be presented to the ticket buyer. But we don't want to present this waiver to ticket buyers where it doesn't apply, which would be the case if the waiver was a top-level question.

The waiver is absolutely essential to the event. If we can't present it properly then our event management team wants to go back to manual events on their spreadsheet.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Zac

Eventbrite API

Jul 13, 2017, 5:30:37 PM7/13/17
to Eventbrite API
If you create the custom question on the web, you should be able to see the response in the API response. You should be able to use that response to determine whether you need to send a waiver or not.

devnet.ev...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2017, 12:10:34 PM11/14/17
to Eventbrite API
Hello, I was also interested in creating sub questions via the API. Any update on this? Or is it still unavailable?