What is the best way to get a sample development account up and running?

Rod Jacka

Nov 15, 2017, 1:28:03 AM11/15/17
to Eventbrite API

Hi,

I have gone through the developer documentation and I can't see any reference to a sample Eventbrite account to test the API against.

Does such an account exist?

If not what is the best way to set up an account that we can use to test an API connector against that has all of the features such as orders, revenue, attendees, etc?

Many thanks in advance

Rod

Hernán Cussi

Nov 21, 2017, 2:16:39 PM11/21/17
to Eventbrite API
Hello Rod, well you could create an account with any valid email, and then create a test app and then use it to test the API.

In that way, you will get a private token, that you should not share with anyone.

Thanks

Rod Jacka

Nov 21, 2017, 4:51:19 PM11/21/17
to Eventbrite API
Hi Hernán

Thanks for your reply. I have already done that but this doesn't really give me what I need.

It looks like there isn't a test account that has registrations, attendees, payments and other records already set up that are needed to fully test an application.

Other services such as Xero provide a demonstration account that can be used to fully test an application against a full dataset.

Is this something that Eventbrite can put on the roadmap?

Thanks

Rod

Hernán Cussi

Nov 22, 2017, 9:24:31 AM11/22/17
to Eventbrite API
Hey Rod, ok I see now, yes, we don't have something like that AFAIK. I will try to talk about this with a product manager and see if this is something that we could do.

Thanks!

Skynet5

May 7, 2019, 7:52:43 AM5/7/19
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi -

I've been asked by our engineering team if there is a sandbox environment to perform the integration with.  Whilst we use dummy data etc, I presume this is an extra layer of certainty that events are not created by accident during development that real people could sign up to.

Off the cuff I've proposed that we put a switch in to keep events private.  But is there a way to do this?

Sky

Jacob Best-Wittenberg

May 8, 2019, 11:26:43 AM5/8/19
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi!

While there isn't a sandbox to test your integration in, there absolutely is the ability to set your events to private. You'll just need to make sure to include "listed: false" in your request body. You can see all attributes for event creation here: https://www.eventbrite.com/platform/api#/reference/event/create/create-an-event

Since eventbrite is a self-service platform, you do have the ability to create a separate account to test anything in that you want. Since free tickets are free to organizers as well, we see a lot of this as a testing workaround for our organizers.

Hope this helps!

matthew...@gmail.com

May 15, 2019, 8:27:58 AM5/15/19
to Eventbrite Developers
I use a personal account and then state in the description that its not a real event so dont buy any tickets, never had an issue so far