Invitation only Events via API

Grant DG

Feb 25, 2015, 3:35:08 AM2/25/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
If I specify the an event is 'invitation only' via the API - how do I supply the list of invitees? Can this be done via the API?

Dana Kock

Feb 25, 2015, 11:11:57 AM2/25/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
You could create a contact list and upload it via the Contact Lists endpoint http://developer.eventbrite.com/docs/contact-lists/. You will then need to go into the EB platform to send the invitations to this contact list.

I hope this helps!

Grant DG

Feb 25, 2015, 6:02:12 PM2/25/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dana,

I've just done some testing to see how invitation only events work via the Eventbrite UI. It seems that the invitations are sent out with an 'Invite' query parameter which is the key to everything.
Is that parameter value available via any API? If I could access it, I could then send automated emails via our own systems...

Maybe I'll give you a little background on what I'm trying to achieve...

I'm building an app for an organisation which has a paid member base - and some of our events are open to members only, while some offer discount tickets if you are a member. I'm looking for a way to enforce that only members can buy member tickets.

It's possible that the only way to achieve this is via a WebHook and handling exceptions within our own application.

Open to your thoughts.

Reem Zarour

Jul 26, 2015, 12:57:05 PM7/26/15
to Eventbrite API, digit...@sglba.org.au
Hi Grant,

Have you found a solution to this? Similarly to you, I would like to send invites based on a custom registration form via our event website.

Any help is much appreciated.