users/me/owned_events not returning expected events

hc...@myemma.com

Aug 22, 2017, 6:41:27 PM8/22/17
to Eventbrite API

I've got a test account with 11 events that were created with that account.  When I call v3/users/me/owned_events it returns me 0 events.  However, when I call v3/users/me/events, I get the expected events.

There is a second test account with 4 events created with that second account.  With this second account, I get 4 events returned in both the owned_events and the events API call.

I can't see the differences between the 2 accounts and the events in them which would cause the first one to not return any events to the owned_events call.

Any ideas about what might be going on?

Also, what are the other categories of events are included in  v3/users/me/events?  i.e. what is the difference between an owned event and other events a user has access to?

Hernán Cussi

Aug 24, 2017, 2:16:00 PM8/24/17
to Eventbrite API
Hello there, there is an slight difference between the events that you own (/owned_events) and the ones that you have access to (/events)
https://www.eventbrite.com/developer/v3/endpoints/users/#ebapi-get-users-id-owned-events

So, I would ask to the person that give you access which permission do you have, assuming that your account is for a subuser, and if you have never created any event with your credentials you will never get any event in /owned_events. That might be the difference between your test account and the other that has some events.

Thanks