Creating a custom event registration form on our website using EventBrite API

Garry Brownrigg

Mar 21, 2014, 2:35:05 PM3/21/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com

Is it possible to create and confirm a registration event using the API?

It seems, unless we're missing something, that all registrations must take place on the EventBrite site, and that the ability to establish an event registration through the API does not currently exist.

We need to create a custom event registration form on our website, then send the form data to Eventbrite to process the registration, using the EventBrite API.

Mitch Colleran

Mar 21, 2014, 4:06:48 PM3/21/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Garry!

Unfortunately, there is no API that allows third parties to create Orders/Attendees for respective events.

As it stands, every attendee needs to be redirected to Eventbrite and go through the Eventbrite experience to register for an event.

Sorry about that!

Garry Brownrigg

Mar 21, 2014, 4:21:42 PM3/21/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the prompt response, Mitch!

Garry

rus...@studiopryor.com

Feb 26, 2016, 11:50:37 PM2/26/16
to Eventbrite API
Mitch,

It's been almost two years since this dialogue... but I presume this is still the case with the latest and greatest API? It seems with a free event service, white labeling would be discouraged to a point.

Eventbrite API

Feb 29, 2016, 12:11:37 PM2/29/16
to Eventbrite API
Hi Garry,

Unfortunately, you are correct. To date, we do not provide an endpoint for order creation. That step must be completed on Eventbrite.

sup...@mytonhospice.org

Jul 13, 2016, 8:49:44 AM7/13/16
to Eventbrite API, dan....@mytonhospice.org
Hello,

Is this still the case or does the API now allow you to link with custom forms within my own website?

Kindest regards,
Dan

Eventbrite API

Jul 13, 2016, 4:28:14 PM7/13/16
to Eventbrite API
Hey Dan,

This is still the case.

rich....@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2016, 7:06:52 PM8/1/16
to Eventbrite API
Reckon it'll ever change?

Eventbrite API

Aug 1, 2016, 7:13:16 PM8/1/16
to Eventbrite API
It's possible. We do have it logged as a feature request but it is not on our current road map.

rich....@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2016, 7:17:09 PM8/1/16
to Eventbrite API
Please +1 from me... would be a great addition. What is the reasoning behind not having it, yet/ And you don't offer any options to customise the widgets you offer, do you? Thanks for replying :)

Malina Wiesen

Aug 1, 2016, 7:22:15 PM8/1/16
to Eventbrite API
Hey Rich,

The only reason that feature requests don't make it on to the road map is that it would mean de-prioritizing other work. But I have added another request for your specifically. And no, widgets are not customizable.

Best,
Malina