Start - to - end creating & publishing event via API : Impossible?

al...@jdmis.edu.sg

Apr 23, 2017, 7:33:14 AM4/23/17
to Eventbrite API
I was very excited to see Eventbrite had an API, as we were planning to use this platform for our school events - and planned to automate the creation of events,venues, etc from our ERP system.

Nobody involved in external events has direct access to our ERP. Nobody that uses the ERP system has time to publish eventbrite events for our students. Only way to optimise this is to have the ERP system publish the event via the API and subsequently allow registrations without human involvement.

I have been able to create events, add ticket classes, even get participants, but I am stuck with one thing that makes Eventbrite unusable for our school.

I cant seem to publish anything without having a human being login and assign a payment method.

API seems to have no way to do this. (no payment method objects, or properties)

Others trying to use the API have responses in this forum that flatly say no - without any follow-through/alternatives/timeline.

I tried the PHP API but it seems that the publish command doesn't work (added issue on github).
Manually posting to the /event/:id/publish endpoint gives the error PAYMENT_OPTIONS_NO_PAYMENT_TYPE

Searching API docs for payment type reveals nothing.

Would really appreciate some guidance - as I am sure that the API was not built with the caveat that you need a human to login and perform a final action) for any conclusive, publishable automation effort. It is likely I missed something in the docs and just need a hint as to where to look to get this going!

Thanks!

Malina Wiesen

Apr 24, 2017, 3:25:26 PM4/24/17
to Eventbrite API
Hi Alex,

There are a handful of complex payment settings that do require a human being to log in and select settings. For example, if you are collecting payments in a currency other than the currency in which you are being paid out or if you are collecting payments in a currency that is not the default currency for the country in which the event is held. However, once those settings are made once, they should not need to be reset for every event so long as the following events have the same payment settings.

I hope that helps clear things up.

Best,
Malina