Missing event in API

Roshan Bhakta

Jun 3, 2015, 10:59:12 PM6/3/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com

I'm noticing that there's a missing event in my API call. I'm not seeing why it's not being returned through the API.

Missing Event:
Event ID: 17220329469
Organizer ID: 310695752
Start Date: June 21st (there's a separate event with similar title but for different dates which is showing in the API, but June 21st event is missing)
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/walk-in-world-meditation-hour-dedicated-to-intl-day-of-yoga-registration-17220329469

Preview API results:

Is this a bug in the API?

Dana Kock

Jun 8, 2015, 12:45:54 PM6/8/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roshan,

The reason this event is not displaying in Search is that there are no tickets publicly available for registration. The only ticket_class on this event had hidden tickets!

For an event to be indexed in our directory it needs to be public, live, and have tickets publicly available.

bgx

Jul 16, 2015, 9:27:48 AM7/16/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
We had the same issue.

It is a bit unfortunate and confusing for event administrators that the event is explicitly described as "Public - Your event is listed and searchable", it appears on the organizer's EventBrite page but it is not included in the API search until Tickets are on sale.

Can this be changed? There should either be a clear indication that the event is in fact not searchable (at least in the API) or the API should include the event in the search regardless of tickets...

Thanks.

Mitch Colleran

Jul 17, 2015, 9:39:53 AM7/17/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback!

The Event Search endpoint has to include some logic to exclude events that aren't relevant (for example: events that have passed, events that are sold out, and events that don't have available tickets).

If you're looking for a more consistent feed of events from a user, then you should use this User Owned Events endpoint: http://www.eventbrite.com/developer/v3/endpoints/users/#ebapi-get-users-id-owned-events

Cheers!

bgx

Jul 17, 2015, 10:22:39 AM7/17/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response Mitch.

If I understand you correctly, the API search only returns events you can get tickets for, i.e. if it is sold out the event is not included in the search anymore?

I also understand now that I can get a list of all live and started events, regardless of ticket status, by using /v3/users/:id/owned_events/?status=live%2Cstarted

As for further feedback:

The way I see it there is a disconnect in API documentation and Dashboard info, maybe this could be updated.

The API documentation for events/search says:
"Allows you to retrieve a paginated response of public event objects from across Eventbrite’s directory"

There is no mention of ticket availability status. The obvious  conclusion for me is that this returns all events that are displayed as public in the Dashboard.

However, in any case I have what I need now. Thanks again.

bgx

Jul 17, 2015, 10:55:24 AM7/17/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Since I'm giving feedback:

Another thing that confuses me is that I have to use a User Id if I want to see all events for an organizer.

My natural assumption is that the same organizer may have multiple users who create events and if I go by user id I may miss something.

I couldn't find any explanation of the relationship between user id and organizer? Do all organizer events always have the same user id?

Thanks

bgx

Jul 27, 2015, 12:36:38 PM7/27/15
to Eventbrite API, mi...@eventbrite.com
I have to come back to this:

Turns out that the user who owns the events I need to display also owns events for other organizers, but there is no organizer filter for the User Owned Events endpoint.

It appears that the only way I can display all public events ( live or started) for an organizer regardless of ticket status (= produce the same list people see  when they go to the organizer page) is to download all live or started events for the user and then filter out the ones for the relevant organizer  on my end.

This doesn't really make sense to me. Producing that list seems to be a common task, I assume. Also hiding sold out events from the search doesn't make sense to me. We would still always want to display these events, indicate that they are taking place and provide details. The fact that they are sold out is a different matter...